So i wanted the most possible blinged out card box without spending a fortune. I finally finished...
our table numbers! we have 17 of them. and they can be used after the wedding for whoever wants them. a nice, classic yet modern touch. damask! pretty much my new obsession.
1. printed numbers on plain, cheap paper. free.
2. picture frames from the dollar store. $17.
3. fabric from joann fabrics. $6.99 / yard. i used about 1 yard.
4. elmers school glue!!! free. dug around my sons art supplies.
5. fabric scissors. $1.99 at target.
pretty much, just cut a piece of fabric bigger than the frame. about 1 inch all around. then, cut out a tiny rectangle in the middle where the glass goes and make diagonal slits so you can wrap the fabric around to the inside. glue. lots of it.
cut all of the corners off [in triangles]. wrap the fabric around the frame. glue. lots of it.
put in your number and two minutes later you have a nice, modern yet classy frame to basicly fit any theme.