I love that my wedding is going to have so many personal touches. I love using monograms on anything...
Looking back on your wedding day...
How would it be different if you planned it today?
Looking back at my wedding I cannot believe how much I have grown and changed in a year and a half. Not only in my personality, but my lifestyle has changed a ton as well. I am no longer going to school, but am now working as a REALTOR and loving every minute of it!! We are buying our first house in a week and a half and life is going very well.
However, when I look back on my wedding and think of the things I did and didn't do in terms of my wedding I get a little bit of a disappointed feeling. Is it just me or are there others out there who look back on their wedding day and wish they had just done this or had added that or had remembered a few more moments?? Part of me believes I feel this way because....
1. I was 19 when I got married and am now 21, so I have grown-up a lot more since my wedding
2. I originally did hot pink, black and white as my colors...however, the damask theme was just starting to come out. (Which I am STILL in love with to this day!!!) Unfortunately for me, I had already bought and created a majority of the items for my wedding day and could only do a few accents in damask print (card box, thank you notes, etc.)
3. I love planning weddings and which I could plan one once a year at least!!
My wedding would be different if I planned it today in the following ways:
1. More damask print!!!
2. Grander centerpieces....mine were beautiful (and I am still happy with them don't get me wrong!!), but after seeing them all laid out they just didn't give quite the grand feeling I had wished for. So ladies, make sure to test and retest several centerpieces to make sure you like the balance.
3. Not had my hair curled with rollers...my hair ended up falling towards the middle of the night.
4. Went somewhere different for my flowers had I known they were going to mess them all up!!
5. Possibly gotten married in the summer time...I love the unique winter wedding but there is just something romantic about a summer wedding.
6. Went with a photographer who WASN'T a family friend...we got some great pictures, but felt like we weren't treated as we know other customers had been treated. We didn't receive as much creativeness and had to point and direct as to what we wanted done. I look at other photos done by this photographer and they blow me away and I wonder why I didn't seem to get a special bride/groom session or a fun session with the bridal party outside etc.
7. Spent more moments taking everything in, instead of letting the excitement get to me. I wish I would remember my dads face when he gave me a kiss and handed me to my husband at the alter. Or my husbands face right before he gave my my first kiss as husband and wife. I also would have mingled a little more with the guests at our reception.
8. Our wedding night....it was horrible!! That sounds so mean to say but we were both SO exhausted and I was sick with a terrible cough. Needless to say neither of us got much sleep (and not for the reason you all would think either...haha!!). We still cringe whenever we pass the hotel we stayed in...not that it is a bad hotel...we just have a bad memory of the place :)
9. My age...I wish I could have been the age I am now so I could have had a typical bachelorette party and went to a few bars just because on our wedding day. Also, I feel if I had my wedding today I would have taken everything in and appreciated a little more of the day.
Things that wouldn't be any different:
1. My husband ;)
2. My dress and accessories.
3. The cake...I still love my cake!!!
4. Having all my family/friends FILL up the entire church!!
5. Having all my family/friends FILL up the reception hall regardless of the fact that we had freezing rain from 3:30 (wedding start time) to 12am (wedding end time)!!
6. My theme of Hot Pink, Black & White and in all honesty although I love the idea of the summer wedding part of my still clings to the winter beautiful (prior to the freezing rain) that we got to enjoy inside and out! Snowflakes glistened above the dance floor, the Christmas tree shimmered with ornaments in our colors and presents from guests beneath it.
7. I am sure there are a ton of other things I wouldn't have changed as well as a few more I would have...but I think you get the idea.
So for all you brides who have gotten married or are close to being married and have done most of the planning.... I am not being ungrateful by any means!! I loved my wedding day and will cherish that time forever!!! I am just trying to think back as to what would be different now that I have grown up and changed so much and had a chance to look back at my wedding day.
For words of advice for future brides....ladies "Looking back on your wedding day...how would it be different if you had planned it today??".....
Long hair for your BIG day...
What about after the wedding?! I chopped mine!
After getting a lot of e-mails from people about my hair for my wedding, I decided to post the pictures below.
That led me to think about how different my hair is now compared to a year ago!
It also made me wonder why long hair is so strongly associated with weddings.
Whether you are like me and didn't have quite long enough hair and used extensions, or just are trying to grow it out as long as possible...why do we do it?!
I was just curious how many other of you brides-to-be or brides-that-have- been are growing out or grew out your hair for your wedding day!!
I did...and left it long for about 8 months after my wedding and then cut it all off!! I posted pictures of my before and after :)
Wedding Hair Style
Here are pictures of my hair...hope it helps!
Since my wedding a year ago, I have had a few of you ladies asking for close-ups of my wedding day hairstyle. Soo...to make it all a little easier I decided to just post some close-ups/ different angles of my wedding day hairstyle :)
These are from the reception so please keep in mind that my hair fell a little throughout the day. It was a little curlier when I had it done initially.
I also used Jessica Simpson 22" relax curl extensions to achieve the length and fullness I wanted. My hair at the time of my wedding was a few inches shorter than I wanted.
Wishing you all the best of luck...keep the questions coming. More than happy to help anyone!! :) <3
Lets start a list for those who need ideas!!
Songs for me were one of the hardest parts of my wedding planning! It was something I put off doing until about one month before my wedding. I thought I would share what songs we ended up using to give those of you who are looking some ideas and thought that those of you who already picked your songs could post what you are using to give the ladies who need some selections ideas!! (My ceremony was a Christian wedding in a church.)
Processional- "Canon in D"
Bride Entrance- "Every Day" by Rascal Flatts (small piano section)
Solo- "When You Say You Love Me" by Josh Groban
Unity Candle Lighting- "This Ring" by Anthony W. Carter
1st Dance- "Lost In This Moment" by Big & Rich
Father/Daughter- "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw
Mother/Groom- "The Man You've Become" by Molly Pasutti
Garter toss- "I'm too Sexy" by Said Right Fred
Bouquet toss- "Single Ladies" by Beyonce
***********Your turn lets start a list for the ladies who need help picking out their special songs for their wedding. Also try to include the atmosphere of your ceremony, that might give people looking for certain things a better idea.*************
NWR: The Bachelor
What is your take??
How many of you ladies watched the Bachelor?!? I followed this season from episode one and was initially SO shocked over the outcome!!! I LOVED Melissa and thought that Jason..as Melissa said..was a bastard for breaking things off with her, especially after proposing to her. However, I think that we really need to remember that this is peoples real lives and like Molly said they aren't just characters on this TV show. So I had a change of heart after watching last nights part two. I think Jason did what was right for him and Ty and I no longer am angry about the whole thing. (Sounds silly that I was angry about at TV show in the first place but it took up Mondays for 3 months of my life so I think Im entitled!!!) So even though someone was hurt in the end, someone was also given another chance to love--- which as we all know... is amazing. I just wish Melissa was coming back as the Bachelorette...maybe another season?!? Jillian should make a good Bachelorette...can't wait until May!! That is my take, now ladies its your turn!!!!
So....what did everyone think about this season of The Bachelor?!?!!?!
Back of my hair
First Kiss as Husband & Wife!
Finally husband and wife!!
FlowerGirl2 & Ring Bearer2
Seeing each other for first time before ceremony!
Hair, make-up, dress pre-ceremony outdoors!!
Close shot of headtable and toasting glasses
Long shot of headtable
Wedding Day Pictures!!
Here they finally are!!
Thanks for all of your support throughout my wedding planning process ladies! My day did not go without its flaws but when looking back on it all it was perfect!
1.We had freezing rain from the moment the ceremony started through the moment the reception ended. We had to end the reception around 10:30/11ish instead of midnight because it was just getting to bad outside for travel.
2. My florist messed up all my flowers, she sort of had the colors right just that I didn't want white flowers at all and I got white flowers...I wanted white roses with HOT PINK TIPS..and in my bouquet that is what I got but the rest of the girls got WHITE??? I am still angry about this but life goes on! (That was just the start of the things they screwed up!)
3. It went by WAYYYY too fast!!!
1. Everything was on time!!! (Which is abnormal for me!!)
2. Everything besides what is listed as bad went perfectly and smoothly!!
3. We had a packed church and almost had to bring out more chairs..made me very thankful to know so many people care about us to venture out in the freezing rain and all!!
4. Our cake was out of this world...but I ordered way too much--we are still eating cake!!
5. Our DJ was fabulous!!
6. Our reception hall switch a few months before the wedding turned out to be a blessing in disguise!!! The food was AMAZING and we had tons of compliments!!!
7. I AM MARRIED!!!!! EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING!!!
I still cannot believe that it is over but I am so happy when I think back on that day. Ladies I know I sound like a broken record when I say that it goes by too fast but I wish I would have taken more seconds to look around and remember. I realized afterwards I never looked at my family during the ceremony, don't remember looking at my dad after he gave me away (think i was afraid i'd cry!!)...and the list goes on! Just take it all in because it is a beautiful day that hopefully only happens once!!
Oh and feel free to "steal" any of my ideas lol--that is what this website is for!! BUT...let me know I want to see your finished product!!! Best of luck ladies!!
Here is a sneek peek at my wedding!!
We decorated the hall today!!
I couldn't resist this is my relaxation which I definately needed to do for a few minutes so I decided to share just a few pictures of decorating the reception hall today!!! BUT...its only a sneak peak!!! :)
Enjoy your planning ladies its so much fun to put it all together and don't let the little things get to you...you will eventually get to the point of..WHATEVER?!?!? lol
Only 3 days to go ladies!!!
This will probably be the last one until I'm a Mrs!!!!!
OMG! I am officially going to be a Mrs. in less than THREE DAYS!!!!!!! 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it, I have so many emotions going on right now its crazy!! Im stressed out because of all the last minute things I had to finish between yesterday and today, sad because I'm leaving my name and family, excited for the wedding and to finally be married to the love of my life, afraid of what the future holds for me and us as a couple, pumped to finally see everything come together, depressed that it will all be over in a few days........and I AM SO NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so glad to almost be done with all the last minute things...word of advice ladies...if you think you have time to do it don't wait and do it right then and there!!!! I kept putting stuff off and ended up cramming wedding stuff into the last few days here...which really didn't do anything except overwhelm me and my family!! Oh well lesson learned and main point is I AM GETTING MARRIED IN 3 DAYS!!!!! AND DECORATING TOMORROW!!!
I JUST WANTED TO THANK ALL OF YOUR LADIES FOR YOUR GENUINE OPINION AND HELP THROUGHOUT THIS WHOLE PROCESS!!! I wish all of you the best of luck on your weddings and I hope each and every one of you will have a perfect day!!!!
I will post pictures after the honeymoon in a few weeks...thanks again loves!!! :)
Ask a Question
Gel nails or Acrylic nails???
Wow it has been awhile again!!! I have been so busy with only 6 days to go!!! I can't believe how fast the time is going and has gone!!! It was weird to think that yesterday (Saturday) was my last Saturday as a single woman!!! Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now for the question...
I have had acrylic nails done twice before and they lasted very well. However, I have a giftcard for a salon that only does gel nails which I have never had done before. I have an appointment for that on Friday at 8am BUT my mom just has hers done yesterday and one already broke off!!!! I need mine to last at least for a week while I am on my honeymoon in Mexico so I need to know if this is a common thing or not.
I am just curious if you ladies have had fake nails before and if you have what type did you get and did you have any problems??? This might also be helpful for other brides debating between the two.
Ask a Question
What songs are you using and WHY???
For some reason this was one of the harder parts of planning for me!! I just avoided picking songs for the ceremony and reception at all costs. But, with only 3 weeks to go I finally had to suck it up and do it! Well, the ceremony songs are picked out anyways!! My FH and I really had no rhyme or reason to the songs we picked, we just chose a few that we liked. This made me wonder if you all are picking your songs just to get it over with like I did, or if you picked them with meaning behind it.
Here are our songs--
Canon in D (processional for mothers and BM/GM)
Everyday by Rascal Flatts--piano version (Bridal entrance)
When You Say You Love Me by Josh Groban-- (Song after sermon)
This Ring by T-Carter-- (Unity Candle lighting)
Recessional TBD (probably the typical one!)
Alright ladies, so what songs are you using and WHY did you chose them??