I decided to change up my wedding trees and use flowers instead of feathers. I think this will flow ...
some funny inspiration images
July 4th wedding ideas
ideas for me
blue and green wedding cake
blue green board 4
blue and Green
Some blue and green ideas for the wedding
I love these it will be my DIY project
11 Wedding Reception Candle Ideas
1. Use cylindrical vases to make protective hurricanes for pillar candles of different sizes set in sand and shells at a seaside wedding.
2. Pillar candles of different heights can be clustered in a bed of red berries on branches.
3. Candles in glass vases can be held in place by a cluster of brown nuts or you could use colored stones.
4. Place cylindrical candles in frosted hurricanes around the edge of a pool to reflect in the water.
5. For a romantic setting in an outdoor wedding reception why not hang lanterns with strong chains from strong branches.
6. For something different, have your tables set with simple white and ivory china and each setting is adorned with a brandy glass filled with a floating candle and mixed rose petals. The candlelight at each place setting creates glowing rings on every table.
7. Use large hurricane lamps filled with water and several floating candles in each to act as beacons on either side of a path that is strewn with large pieces of confetti mixed with rose petals.
8. Place a small mirror in the center of each table and place a crystal candle holder with a white (or colored candle) in it. Wrap small strands of pearls around the candle and arrange ivy around the mirror.
9. Use two medium brandy snifters and one large brandy snifter. Fill the bottom of snifters with colored marbles about a third of the way up. Fill with water and float a candle. Arrange your flowers around the base of the snifter.
10. Use three different sized pillar candles on a mirror with a simple floral arrangement or scatter petals around them.
11. Whitewash small terracotta flowerpots add a bow or other embellishment to the outside of the pot. Place a taper candle inside the pot. For added detail you could place a votive candle and decorative stones on either side of the terracotta pot.
some inspiration images
some images I liked
Cupcake Wedding Cake Ideas
Cupcake Wedding Cake Ideas
The DIY cupcake wedding cake can save you a lot of money and are quite easy to do.
You can make a beautiful wedding cupcake tower with little or no cake decorating experience.
If you make a mistake on some it will not affect the overall look of your wedding cupcake display.
You will be saving money on the cake cutting fee by bringing your own wedding cupcakes to the reception venue.
You can offer a variety of flavors to your guests.
You can make a small cupcake wedding cake display for the centers of your guest tables and save money on the wedding table flower arrangements.
A wedding cupcake tower can consist of one or more different designs on the cupcakes, displayed on stacked cake boards. Even the simplest design can be enhanced by using votives, fresh or silk flowers or tulle carefully place alongside the cupcakes on each tier.
You will need to plan in advance the design and how you will decorate your wedding cupcake stand.
Making Wedding Cupcake Stands
To serve 150 - 200 people you will need two wedding cupcake stands. For each of the stands create a four tier stand. Start with 40cm (16 inch) board then 30cm (12 inch), 22cm (9 inch), and for the top a 15cm (6 inch) board.
You can purchase round or square boards or if you prefer a different shape you can cut these to shape using large pieces of foamcore.
Cover each of the boards with a thick foil paper. The edge of each of the boards should be trimmed neatly and cover the edges with a ribbon to match your color theme.
To separate each of the tiers you can use almost anything.
You can purchase clear vases which are strong and wide enough to support each tier, fill these with decorative stone, seashells or flower petals.
You could use sturdy flower pots and paint them in a color to match your theme.
Before the wedding check that you cupcake stand is strong enough to avoid any mishaps on the day.
You can offer more than one cake flavor to your guests by placing each flavor on its own wedding cake stand.
Let you guests know the cake flavor by placing a sign in front of each cupcake stand.
If you don't want a large wedding cake tower you can always place the remaining cupcakes on the cake table around the stand.
Save yourself some money by decorating your own wedding cupcakes. For ideas on how you can decorate your wedding cupcakes see our page on Decorating Wedding Cupcakes.
Wedding Hair Style
Attractive placement and attaching the wedding veil will give the finishing touch to the bride and adds a faiytale aura to even the simplest wedding dress.
Traditionally veils are worn long at the ceremony and short at the reception; many brides today are wearing a short veil to cut down costs and for added convenience in not having to change the veil for the reception.
The veil can be worn alone or with other accessories.
You can use clear combs to secure the veil to your hair so it can be placed close to a tiara (or other headpiece) which gives you the option of removing the veil later and still be able to wear your hairpiece.
The positioning of the veil will depend on the hair style you choose you can pin your veil at the bottom of your head below your bun or you can attach it more prominently to your headpiece.
Discuss with your hairdresser how your wedding veil could be worn.
How to secure a veil
Attach a hairgrip to each end of the tiara and push into the desired postion on your finished hair style.
Insert comb which is attached to the veil into the hair just behind the tiara and slide in until it feels firm.
Bring the veil back over the hair and fluff it out.
A rose theme is a great way to create a romantic wedding. Roses are among the most popular choice for weddings, perhaps because the rose has long been a symbol of romance; whether it is the white rose of purity or the red rose of passion.
Roses vary greatly in color from hot pinks, greens, orange and peach.
Roses are a practical choice because they are available all year round.
For a luxurious look and feel to your wedding, select the all one color bouquet and theme throughout your wedding. Roses are quite versatile and work well with other kinds of flowers.
Rose Theme Wedding Ideas
Use dried rose petals as confetti or scatter over the tables.
Instead of having a guest book, fill paper cones with rose petals and attach note cards, and encourage your guests to leave messages on the cards.
Fill handmade organza bags or simple tins with dried scented rose petals and give these as wedding favors.
As a table centerpieces float rose shaped candles and rose petals in shallow bowls.
For a romantic wedding scatter rose petals down the aisle.
At the entrance to your wedding ceremony, fill large cylindrical glass containers with colored rose petals. Your guests can then take a handful of petals and use it like confetti as they leave.
Scatter scented rose petals over the guests tables.
If you are lucky enough to have a water fountain at your wedding scatter some rose petal in for a magnificent look.
Set your wedding cake amongst some fresh roses or rose petals.