Hi ladies so here is a DIY project that I've been working on today. I went on Dollar Tree website...
This weekend FH and I tackled our 1st large DIY project. It took Friday and Saturday to Complete, but we now have a personalized Aisle Runner!!
Assorted Paint Brushed (can be purchased from a craft store for around $5)
Choice of Paint Colors
Monogram (can be created at home using Microsoft Word)
Fabric of choice (Could use the aisle runners sold in Wedding Supply section of craft stores, We chose to use a more sturdy material because we want the aisle runner down for the entire processional)
Time and Patience
1. Purchase Runner Material in a sufficient length and width for your aisle. I found 35 yards of a light ivory burlap material on sale at a fabric store, combined the sale with coupons and I got all of the material for $100. wooooo hooooo!!!
2. Create a monogram using microsoft word. After creating separate the layers of the monogram (if it is layered) so that all of the components can be individually cut out.
3. Cut out all of the monogram components.
4. Position the base component of the monogram (we used our last initial G as our base) on the runner and secure with seamstress pins.
5. Trace the base component using a pencil
6. Outline the tracing with paint in the color of your choice.
8. After outlining, fill in with color. I started from the middle and worked my way outward to avoid going outside the lines.
9. Allow that to dry over night.
10. Next position and secure the next layers of the monogram with seamstress pins as stated before. Trace and Paint!
This project was not as time consuming or tedious as I predicted, but make sure that if you will do your own aisle runner that you allow yourself enough time to take breaks and let all the areas dry before you work on it again.
I must say I'm pleased with how it turned out. Websites that create true fabric monogramed aisle runners charge at a minimum $300 for a 100ft aisle runner. FH and I were able to create this for a little over $100 and we had fun doing it together!!