Hi ladies so here is a DIY project that I've been working on today. I went on Dollar Tree website...
**UPDATED AUGUST 13: Added photos of Seating Plan Board at reception**
This is the Board that I will be pinning my seating plan cards to. It will be set up on an easel at my reception. I was inspired by a similar board I saw in a Martha Stewart Magazine in hot pink and brown ribbons. I have included the instructions to make it, just in case it inspires any other brides to do the same!
To make this board you need:
-a foam core board (you can get them from staples, wal-mart, etc.)
-a box of straight pins
-a lot of ribbon (different thicknesses, shades, textures, designs)
-adhesive dots (you can get them from michael's, dollar stores, etc.)
-a crazy amount of patience.
1. Cut the ribbons about 2 inches wider than your board.
2. Secure the ribbon onto the board in the middle by sticking it down with an adhesive dot
3. Wrap the ribbon ends around the back of your board, pull them taut and attach them by putting a straight pin through the ribbon and into the foam board at an angle (make sure the pin is not at too steep an angle or it will poke through the front of the board
4. Continue covering the board with ribbons in the same way, varying the widths, designs and textures of the ribbon until it is completely covered! (this will take quite a bit of time and patience)
5. Attach your place cards to the board using pearl end straight pins, or alternatively you can use tent place cards and hang them on the ribbons (make sure the ribbons are very securely fastened to the board if you decide on this option, as the weight of the cards can make the ribbons droop!)