Thanks to another bride on here i was able to score all 8 of my bridesmaids these necklaces on eb...
Some of you already know this, but for those of you that don't, 2 of 3 of my bridesmaids live a 4h plane ride away. So it's been very difficult for me to get them involved in the wedding process.
I finally decided to write all of them a newsletter. Talking on and on for so long about my wedding felt very strange. I try not to, because I know it's my wedding, not theirs, so it's not nearly is interesting to them as it is to me, and I don't want to bore them. I almost felt guilty writing it all up, but I figured it's come to a point where either a) they have to know, or b) I need their opinions. lol!
I do have a quick question in the letter below, I talk about "underskirts", but I don't know the real name for them. They are like a solid-coloured slip thing, which are designed to peek out below the hemline by an inch or two. I know I've seen them online, but can't seem to find any. Does anyone have an idea of what they are or who might sell them? Just so I can get a picture?
Here's what I wrote about their dresses (I wrote other stuff, but left it out). It's quite detailed; sorry about that.
This has had me going back and forth. I know I want a dark brown colour, like "espresso". I think sometime in March, I am going to examine fabric swatches to see which fabric looks best with the colour I have in mind. You guys also asked what fabric I was leaning towards, and I honestly don't know, but I do know chiffon makes "espresso" look... well, not very good. Also, my goal was to find a specific brand, or line of dresses, that had a lot of variety and was inexpensive. So far, the best one seems to be Alfred Sung. So if you guys wanna take a peek at what they have to offer, you can go here: http://www.dessy.com/bridesmaid-dresses/alfredsung/ The colours I'm looking at are espresso and posie, and the final length will be "cocktail", which goes to your knees (this means you could get tea length and hem it up).
I'm thinking for ease of re-wearing, you guys will want just the solid brown with no pink. This is 100% fine and probably the best route. There are various options for adding in pink aside from dress trim, such as sashes (can buy at any fabric store and just tie around the waist or something), plus the bouquets. Actually, I really like the idea of pink underskirts (I'm not sure the real name, but these are like slips that show 1-2 inches below the hemline). I think those would be the easiest for everyone... including myself. lol!
There are a few options to actually buying the dresses once I pick a fabric. Someone recommended to me that I order them all from the same place, so that the dye in the fabric remains consistent (as opposed to having one slightly lighter than the others). You guys would have to go get fitted at any store near you that carries the line, get the measurements and the dress you like best, and I order them here from one store. The other option would be you guys getting fitted and purchasing from a store near you, and bringing the dress with you when the wedding rolls around. I'm not sure what to do here.
I want to really help you guys out as far as the dresses go. So hopefully I can work something out, and definitely trying to keep the cost down. Luckily, cocktail-length dresses tend to be cheaper than full-length gowns. :)
Bridesmaids: Et Cetera
- Hair: There is a salon in the venue, so if you guys wanted to get your hair done, that's a really good choice. I'm probably going to use this place. If you want to do your own thing, that's cool too. I won't force you guys to pay to have your hair done.
- Makeup: I'm going to have my makeup done, I think. That's as far as I've thought about it. There are a few options, but I haven't looked into this too closely. Again, you guys can do what you like here. I won't force you to pay for this to be professionally done. I'll try to see what I can swing financially, but I don't want to say one thing and then have to do another. So you guys let me know what you think and want to do here.
- Shoes: Again, I haven't given this too much thought. I don't think they need to match. What are you guys thinking?
- Bouquets: I pay for these, so I wouldn't worry too much about that stuff. Thinking mostly pink, some green and white, maybe brown ribbon or something, not sure what kind of flowers. I haven't actually spoken to the florist I want to use yet. I like lots of different flowers and don't really care what kind they are so long as they are good colours.
- Props: That sounds weird to say. But for photos, I like the idea of pink parasols.