After about 3 months of trying on dresses, I found my dress and veil today! I love my Mori Lee Go...
So last time I blogged about my wedding dress I was complaining about the cost of alterations. Well my mom said she will help me out so we are going full steam ahead with them! I went back last weekend to verify the alterations.
Here is what the seamstress is going to do:
1. Taking it in on the sides by my bust
2. Letting it out 1/4 inch in my hips (I'm a little curvalicious there :). As you can see the dress is fitted so we have to let it out slightly to release the buckling around my hip area.
3. French bustle. LOVE this bustle!! (pics in last blog about my dress)
4. Repairing the seam on the side of the dress
5. She is also going to hem the dress so I don't fall on my face lol.
The alterations total $255!!!!!! Wowzer!! So warning to those of you dress hunting...buy your dress about $100-300 cheaper than your budget because alterations can get expensive!! The hem is the most expensive alteration on my dress ($150).
But anyway, I'm so glad I had this fitting because I have been "cheating" on my dress and looking at other dresses. I was even thinking about buying another dress but after I put it back on last weekend, I felt so good in it. I fell in love with it all over again. This is the dress I want to marry Vince in! Yay!! I'm going back on July 20th to try it back on after she has finished these alterations. I'm excited!!