So i wanted the most possible blinged out card box without spending a fortune. I finally finished...
Encorporating my dress-paper-pattern roses yet again, I have made 4 boutonnieres for the guys!!
What do you think? Looking at the main blog picture now, this particular one needs the heshen sack leaf trimming (a bit too shabby perhaps lol) but the others aren't all like that.
- dress paper pattern, wrapped around a stick and taped, to make a rose (some have more writing on them than others)
- coarse, sack-like material for a more masculine leaf
- silver fiberous stringy paper for more leaves behind
- old doily from the op shop (or goodwill store as some of you say)
- a satin ribbon loop
- a textured grey ribbon loop
I sewed all the leaves and ribbons together first, then the flower. Finished it all off with a ribbon up the stem.
The hardest part was snipping up the old doily for the lacey effect... aww some little old lady would have spent WEEKS crochering that gorgeous piece, just for me to go CUT! It seriously looked 100 years old. :( Ah well.
Next I need to make some for mum and FMIL. Time to get more girly!
Tell me what you think of them! Masculine enough?