9-15 - Blue and orange event copy
25th anniv WW - navy blue wedding copy
28 keentobeseen aqua orange brown wedding
blue and brown
Seaside Blue and Orange wedding copy
The bride made the programs herself by printing their initial logo on white card stock and tying them together with a simple orange ribbon
The bridesmaids classic V-neck dresses were a good match for the guys timeless tuxes and bowties
Blue & Orange Ideas
I heard you were going with blue/navy for the dresses but sticking with orange for the flowers! here are some more ideas!
Here Are a Few Ideas...
I hope you enjoy looking through the pictures and reading my comments! I have had a blast putting this together! Please make comments on what you like, hate, etc! It won't hurt my feelings, I can only help when you narrow down your options and communicate what your theme, colors, and thoughts are!
I hope this helps you!
Random Wedding Planning Tips:
0. HAVE FUN with this! You only get to plan your wedding once! Make appointments with tons of photographers, florists, DJ's because everything needs to be perfect!
1. Join theknot.com
2. Make to-do-lists with a date you'd like to have it done and who will be responsible for doing it (don't be afraid to ask people for help...to be honest, the more you involve others, the more fun they'll have fun)
3. DJ's: I think this is the most important thing in a wedding. They make or break your reception, so I personally think if you're going to splurge anywhere, do it on the DJ (If you go to a wedding show/bridal expo, you can win prizes to get discounts on vendors- I saved $400 on my DJ!)
4. Florists: meet with multiple florists in your area once you have your colors and an idea of what you want. Make sure you like their personality and trust that they TRULY understand what you want and your style!...oh...most importantly!...make an appointment with them for the day before your wedding to see the flowers to make sure they're perfect (if I hadn't done this...my flowers would have been a disaster!)
5. Photographer: yep...make appointments with multiple photographers in the area. Once you get the schedule for the wedding day planned you'll have a better idea of how many hours you'll need them for! You'll have to decide what things are important (the longer they're there the more it costs!)
Do you want pictures of you separately before the wedding to cut down on picture time after?
Do you want them to come to the reception and take pictures?
Tip: give them a list of all the pictures you want and the names of the wedding party and parents!
6. Make a Wedding Binder: have tabs for everything, and then you can keep ideas, receipts, and everything else in there!
7. Email Organization: people will begin to email you like crazy! Create folders for each vendor from the beginning so you can sort from the beginning otherwise it will be a disaster! (maybe just open up a hotmail account just for your wedding so the junk mail can pile up in a different email that your personal one!)
8. Calendar: if you don't have a calendar...you should get one! This is CRUCIAL to organization and remember when you need to pay people, when appointments are and what to-do's you need to do each day!
Here are some great designers that you'll find in post bridal stores for bridesmaids dresses as well as bridal gowns:
After Six: http://www.dessy.com/bridesmaid-dresses/aftersix/
Alexia Designs: http://www.alexiadesigns.com/
Alfred Angelo: http://www.alfredangelo.com/index.aspx
Allure Bridal: http://www.allurebridals.com/
Bill Levkof: http://www.billlevkoff.com/
Davids Bridal: http://www.davidsbridal.com/
Forever Yours: http://www.foreverbridals.com/
Group USA: http://www.camillelavie.com/
Maggie Sottero: http://www.maggiesottero.com/
Mori Lee: http://www.morilee.com/Bridesmaids/
Vera Wang: http://www.verawangonweddings.com/
Just a few tips:
1. It is my opinion that long bridesmaids dresses is more formal
2. Gathering, bunching, etc in the mid-section slenderizes
3. Straps are more conservative
4. The bridesmaids dresses don't have to be the same design, you could pick the color and then have the girls pick their own style that best fits their body shape (since they are buying them, then they might like them enough to wear them again)
5. Some people have the maid of honor (MOH) wear a different color to stand out, but you don't have to at all!
Really awesome pictures...check out this theme!
Gerber Daisy Wedding Favor Boxes
Orange Gerbera Daisies
Gerbera Daisy Wedding
Orange Spring Gerbera Daisies, Organic Flowers, 20 Stems
See full size image
Gerber Daisy Them
I really like Gerber Daisies, especially for a fall wedding!
just another idea!
Here are some ideas...but most of the time you take a few flowers from what you're using in the bouquets and create a boutonniere. You just have decide the greens!
Alyson and Philip had their two-tiered cake decorated with orchids and crocosmia and frosted with Hawaiian vanilla buttercream. The white cake was filled with lilikoi passion fruit and white chocolate
yellow cake stand
Cake...can be super expensive..but you have to figure out what you want and how man you're serving! I actually went to the near by grocery store and talked to ladies in the bakery...one of them loved doing wedding cakes and my cake cost a fraction of the cost it would have at a wedding cake place!
Questions to think about:
square or circle
decorations: ribbon, flowers, colored frosting
How many layers?
I went to the printshop on my campus and they printed the parts and we (and some friends) put them together! WAY cheaper than anywhere else!
Here are some pictures!
Do you want multiple parts with multiple envelopes? Or...you could do what we did and have a wedding website! Here is an example of my friends:
A lot of people are doing that it saves a TON of money on invitations, stamps, etc! You can make a website right through the knot!
If you think you'll have a lot of young guests...this is a great idea!
Have a children's table/area! A place they can go color, etc, while their parents are dancing, etc!
Things to have at table (Even a card table with white paper over it, for them to draw on, is great)
-glow sticks & necklaces
-Large Craft Sticks
-Glitter, Markers, etc
Check out this website for whole sale cute crafts, decorations, etc:
The fun part! You get to register for gifts you want OTHERS to buy you. I know you are a sweetheart and it is crazy to think others will spend a lot of money on you but, have fun with this because you'll get some amazing things that you really do NEED!!
Suggested Places to Register:
1. Bed Bath & Beyond- this was by far the best place we registered!
Places I wasn't impressed with:
Places that are amazing, but expensive...
Crate & Barrel
Williams & Sonoma