So excited that in 6 months I get to read my honey's love letter he wrote to me on the exact day w...
More of my DIY cakes
Today I had the chance to bake a Cake for my friend's daughter Birthday. It was my first 2 tiers cake and its far from perfect but I'm really happy of the result. I also bake some cupcake for them with the same filling (Vanilla Buttercream) then the cake. Now it is confirm I want to do my own wedding cake :)
DIY mini-cake and cake topper
Hello, Today I make some mini-cake. I think they would be perfect for the dessert table. I really love the ruffles one. If you want to try to were is where I found the how to : http://youtu.be/MHYX0qXDVy0.
Let me know what you think. Have a nice evening (day).
The last picture is my inspiration for the cake topper.
Paper flower trial
I could not wait to start making flower paper but I wasnt on budget today to go buy all the stuff at Michael, so I just went at the dollar store and got fews littles thing to make those cute flowers. Even if Its not the right material I'm really happy with the result. Now I can't wait to make the actual one for my wedding. The last picture is the material I use and the second picture is the material I will use when I got some more $. Here is the list of material needed:
-Crepe paper sheets (i use the birthday crepe today)
-White floral cloth wire (I used a thicker wire just for today)
-White floral tape
-Glue (I used white glue but hot glue will be thousands time better as it -dry fast and you can not see the white like on my flowers)
You can visit http://www.thebridescafe.com/?postID=805 to see my inspiration. I wish mind will look that beautiful with some practice ;)
Ask a Question
Lots of beautiful papers flowers?
Today My fiance and I agreed on having mostly paper flower for the wedding. I wan't lots of different style but I was worry about how it could look together. Then I found this picture (1st pic) and I think it could look amazing. What do you think?
Jellybeans88 first craft -DIY- trial
Origami flower ball
This morning I was looking at DIY video and My fiancé got interested in what I was watching... so we decide to try one project with what we had home: An Origami flower ball. We just made one flower for today and it was really easy and fun. I'm so happy that FH is interested in DIY project too :)! The wedding is only in 23 month so we will not start making the actual one soon, but still I'm getting exited! We can use those flower and flower ball in so many ways.Pomander, place card, ailse decor and much more. Here is the link for the how to video: http://www.michaels.com/Black-White-Origami-Flower-Ball/JpFB1Vm2125,default,pg.html?fdid=ideas-2011-may
strawberry wedding cake bliss'd blog
Perfect summer theme
I'm thinking a mix of red,pink,purple,blue..all the berries colors will be a great theme for a fun summer wedding. What do you think?
I love butterflies cake
Here are few picture that inspire me for the wedding cake. My favorite is the last picture, with a mix of roses and butterflies and also mix of round and flower shape tiers.
Ask a Question
Which theme look the best?
I need your opinion, which theme color look the best? We want our decor mostly white but for the accent should we go with red, aqua and silver or soft color like peach, soft green and ivory. Let me know what you think please.
1st official wedding venue visit
45 questions to choose our venue
Tomorrow I'm going with my fiancé and FMIL to visit our first venue.
So here is 45 Questions for choosing our venue
Time and Space:
1. What dates are available for June 2013?
2. What happen in case of bad weather?
3. How many people can they hold for sit down, buffet, or cocktail style
Hang out room:
4. Do they have any decorating restrictions?
5. Can I move things around and decorate to our purpose?
6. How long do we have the room for? When can we start decorating?
7. Is the reception close to others hotel if needed?
8. What about parking?
9. Are chair covers,linen,glassware extra?
10. What equipment/facilities/space is available for the DJ? Photographer/?
11. Are there tables for the cake / the card box and or gifts?
12. Do they set up / take down / provide servers - what limitations on this (limited set up or take down or clean up - any fees)?
13. How the tables set up are - is there an area for the seating chart/place cards?
14. What does the coordinator help with?
15. Do you allow confetti to be thrown at the venue?
16. Do you allow candles to be lit in the reception room?
17. Do you have a noise limiter fitted or can we turn the music all the way up?
18. Do you allow professional firework displays at your venue?
19. Do you have landing permission should we want a helicopter or hot air balloon to whisk us away after the evening reception?
20. Do you have a preferred order of service (when and where do we cut the cake)?
21. What time do you insist the reception finishes by?
22. Do you offer in house coordinator?
23. What about music? Sound system? Outdoor music through the weekend? On the day of?
24. Do they have a minimum food/beverage requirement?
25. Exactly what food and drink is included; cake, cake cutting fee?
26. Do we get a food tasting? At what cost? Can we provide the recipe we want?
27. Can we use the kitchen? On the wedding day? On the other day? Hired waiting staff?
28. Can we bring our own dessert/cake?
29. How much is the alcohol?
30. Do you insist on doing all the catering?
On the wedding day?
The day after brunch?
31. Can you supply examples of suggested menus along with prices?
32. Do you include a cake stand and knife if required?
33. Can we get our own license and alcohol?
34. Do you insist on supplying the wine and champagne? Is there a corkage fee?
35. If we are able to supply the wine, what do you charge for corkage?
36. Is there special price for children?
37. What time do you offer an alcohol license until?
38. What are the rental fees? And what is included? Special price if we hold it in the week, June?
39. What is their refund/cancellation policy?
40. Are taxes / gratuities included, if not how much?
41. What extra fees /add ons / upgrades are there?
42. What insurance do vendors need?
43. Do they require all their own vendors to be used (DJ, MC,)?
44. What are the various options and costs for the use of your venue?
45. Do you offer discount if we book the entire cottages and having wedding here? About multiple meal discount?
NWR: Chef training
Summer Coop in Montreal
I'm so happy I got a co-op for the summer in Montreal in a wonderful pastry shop call Point G. Their main product is the French Macaron and the ice cream. I'm so exited to start :)!!!