Ok ladies I've decided to do a loose up do! Happy about my decision. Here is some pics from my...
If you’re thinking about this hairstyle for your bridal look, here are five reasons why we love it:
1. It’s Different: You want to look like yourself on your wedding day, but you also don’t want to look like you’re meeting a friend for lunch. This hairstyle is the perfect way to accomplish both. Think of it as “You” with a twist.
2. It’s Timeless: This look is very on trend at the moment but is also a classic style that will never feel dated or out of style.
3. It Can Be Accessorized: Sometimes you want that extra something to spruce up your look. With a ballerina bun you can accessorize with a vintage hair comb, flowers or even a braid around the base of the bun. The possibilities are endless.
4. Veil Options: We love the look of pinning the veil underneath the bun. But if you prefer to secure it on top of your head or opt for no veil at all, it still works.
5. It Shows Off Your Natural Assets: Ballerina buns call attention to your face and show off defined collarbones. This is a way to highlight your natural assets and create a simple look that’s also very flattering.
A Few Top Tips On Creating The Perfect Ballerina Bun
~ Ballerina buns are best suited to mid-length to long hair.
~ If your hair isn’t long enough to get into a high ponytail then consider clip in ponytail extensions.
~ Buns work best on ‘dirty hair’ rather than just washed hair.
~ Use dry shampoo and thickening spray to add a bit more oomph to fine hair.
~ Tip your head upside down when pulling your hair into a pony tail and remember to brush the back (otherwise you can end up with a droopy effect).
~ If you’d like more volume, create texture by curling / crimping sections or backcombing the tail of your ponytail.
~ Use a thick athletic sock to create an ever bigger bun.
~ For extra height layer two donut rings on top of each other.
~ Once you’ve created the desired effect at the top of your bun, spray lightly with hair spray. Don’t over do it, crispy hair is not pretty!
~ If you prefer to have some hair around your face, leave your bangs down or pull wispy bits of hair from around your ears.