~Our Renewals~ Hey my WBC family! I've been a little hush- hush lately. Our 14th wedding ann...
Wedding Things to do Checklist
1. Identify what is the Budget?
I am willing to contribute
My parents are willing to contribute
He/She is willing to contribute
His/Her parents are willing to contribute
2. Set a Wedding Date and Alternate Date
3. Make an appointment with Clergyman / Officiant Marriage License and Certificate depending on your region this can be done 2 months before wedding
4. Compose a guest list.
5. Set time, location of Ceremony, Rehearsal & Reception Venue.
6. Compare rates for Professional Photographer / Videographer / DJ/ MC
7. Shop for wedding gown/suit: Several fittings will be required. Prepare Back up wedding dress/suit
8. Obtain Floral & Music estimates; book services if possible.
9. Register with gift registries.
10. Select bride maids.
11. Begin selection of a Caterer and compare prices.
12. Set a date to order dresses for bridesmaids.
13. Decide whether to order/make head piece and veil
Approximately 5 months before the big day
14. Finalize guest lists.
15. Get an idea of the theme and colour of the wedding based on the venue’s color scheme
16. Order invitations & announcements (should coincide with the theme and colour of my wedding.) – Ceremony invitations, Reception invitations, response cards with return address, map/directions/phone number to venue, pew cards for seating, Menu choices and Gift registry
17. Order or DIY personal stationary & thank you notes such as wedding favors and signs.
18. Mail your wedding invitations with Gift registry
19. Create my own wedding Program -The wedding program names the bride and groom, the officiant, all members of the wedding party, and any readers and soloists. It also lists the ceremony events, including all songs (At this point a playlist must be done), prayers, and scriptures to be read. This would be distributed by the Usher to the guests
20. Select individuals for various parts of the program like person speaking on behalf of the bride and the groom
21. Plan reception.
22. Choose florist.
23. Choose makeup artist and hair stylist and arrange consultations and appointments.
24. Men/Your counterpart choose attire.
25. Choose and confirm caterer.
26. Confirm delivery of bridal gown make down-payment. Confirm back up wedding gown
27. Make appointment for bridal portrait.
28. Order wedding cake.
29. Order cake boxes
30. Order unification set (where necessary)
31. Arrange transportation for all members of bridal party to & from ceremony & reception locations.
32. Go over details of reception with caterer / hotel manager.
33. If you are renting any equipment, reserve it now. (tent, chairs, arch, floral, pillars etc.)
34. Special services: Certain services outside the jurisdiction of my officiant or site manager include cleanup services, parking services, setup services, or tear-down services. These normally have an additional fee. Transportation cost
2-3 months before the big day
35. Inform Justice of the peace of all the details of the ceremony.
36. Keep a gift diary - send thank you notes as gifts arrive.
37. Fine tune guest list.
38. Buy Guest Registry book
39. Purchase personal intimates and garter
40. Plan rehearsal dinner.
41. Select bridemaids' gifts, grooms gift.
42. Check all services and pay for them like photographer, Dj, caterer, Florist etc.
43. Make moving arrangements.
44. Choose wedding bands. (Get a professional jeweller to determine the ring sizes do not rely on online measures or yourself to do it)
45. Final gown fitting and pay for rental or purchase dress (It sometimes take months for shipping and delivery).
46. Bridal portrait setting if necessary
1 month before the big day
47. Ensure wedding programs, table placement cards and Menus are ready
48. Make room reservations for out of town guests.
49. Check wedding party apparel shoes and accessories.
50. Confirm music arrangements & check selections.
51. Make reservations for bridesmaids' luncheon.
52. Discuss rehearsal dinner with hosts.
53. Attend showers.
54. Obtain marriage license.
2 weeks before the big day
55. Plan my wedding day hair style. (bring headpiece & veil).
56. Schedule hair appointment for day of wedding.
57. Final check on bridal party clothing.
58. Notify newspapers.
• Bride’s Full name
• Groom's full name
• Bride's mother's name
• Groom's mother's name
• Bride's father's name
• Groom's father's name
• Bride's parents' hometown and state
• Groom's parents' hometown and state
• Wedding site city, state
• Season, month, and/or date of wedding
59. Arrange for name & address change. (Name Change Kit)
60. Check with caterer / reception venue with any last minute changes.
1 week before the big day
61. Remind rehearsal dinner guests of time / location.
62. Start honeymoon packing.
63. Wrap groom's & attendants' gifts.
64. Check wedding announcements, stamped & ready to mail day after wedding.(Personalize my postage with custom stamps!)
65. Bridesmaids' luncheon.
66. Schedule rehearsal for 1 - 2 days prior to wedding.
67. Remind wedding party of exact time & place.
68. Go over final details of ceremony & reception with all parties involved.
69. Get Wedding Dress steamed or pressed
70. Buy items for Wedding emergency Kit
• Make-up, extra panty hose, bobby pins, safety pins, clear nail polish, comb, hair spray, hanky or tissues (somebody may cry),
• needle & thread (white and bridesmaid colour), aspirins, saltine crackers, band aid, toothpaste & brush, white chalk, dental floss,
• breath mints.
. deodorant and perfume
• House keys
1 day before the big day
71. RELAX !
72. Have manicure & pedicure done.
73. Attend wedding rehearsal & dinner.
74. Give ushers guest list.
75. Check Wedding dress is still intact
77. Hair and make-up.
78. Check wedding dress. (pressing / steaming)
79. Appoint family member to check ceremony & reception for left behind items.
80. Change of clothes. (if leaving for honeymoon).
81. Breathe ! Enjoy your day.
82. Bring Wedding Emergency Kit