I haven't been to work in over a week because I've been so sick. Strep throat has now turned into bronchitis, and I'm on even heavier antibiotics now. Coughing a little less today though and may be starting to feel a weeee bit better, but I still sound like a man! I told my doctor to help and fix me because I can't sound like a man when I say my vows!!!!
So I came in this morning with my bright white cardstock paper to print 150 ceremony programs. The printing is taking a little longer than I thought it would...but I can't complain...it's free! I think they turned out pretty nice. Pretty easy thing to do I would say. Using microsoft publisher and a few hours of your time...saves quite a few bucks. Only spent about 20 bucks on paper!
I also talked to my godmother Jennifer this morning. She was out at the farm with the girls, weeding the flower beds and starting to get them to look nice for the wedding. I couldn't ask for better help! Love them all!
Drop Photos Here to Upload (or click)
It's confirmed...101 fever and strep throat to boot. I've never had strep before...but 16 days before the wedding. You've gotta be kidding me!!! Somehow I've got to find some energy to get something done today though. At least start rounding things up to make the trip home! Brain is a little fried from thinking about what still has to be done. I guess I shouldn't freak too much...there will be plenty of people at home to help out! Nyquil has been my friend these past few nights to fall asleep!
Drop Photos Here to Upload (or click)
Brandon has been working on our hotrod for the past 3 years. It has been taking a little bit longer than we thought it would, but that's because the car was in worse shape than we thought it was, it's more expensive that we thought it would be, and we just don't run across that much free time to work on it. The whole idea behind the hotrod was to have it finished for the wedding and to drive it up to MN for the wedding. Well...that's just not going to happen....so we had our photographer come out to our house last weekend and we pushed the car out to the yard and she took a few shots for us to use as our guest book in MN and down here in NC. I ordered them in poster size so that everyone can sign the photo as our guest book. I think they turned out pretty cute and look forward to seeing them in poster size...might be a little over kill, but we are going to hang them in the garage, not above our fireplace. That always weirded me out a little bit!


car photoshoot
Drop Photos Here to Upload (or click)
Green Wedding Photography Photos for signing.
Green Wedding Photography Photos for signing.
Last Friday Brandon picked up some germs that were floating around work, so I quarantined him to the bedroom where he felt better in a few days. It was AOK until I woke up yesterday at 2 am with one of the worst sore throats I've ever had. Slept in and skipped work...just got an achy body later that day, and now I'm really feeling it. Tuesday already, still sick and not able to go to work again today. I gotta get some stuff done around home though. I'm leaving next week and I haven't even started to think about packing and getting ready to fly home. Ohhhh...soo much to do, so little time. And now this morning, I have a huge blemish on my face. Havent' had a zit in over 3 years, and I get one this morning. COME ON!!! I guess all I can say, is that it's better now than 17 days from now!!! Going back to bed!
Drop Photos Here to Upload (or click)
Ok...so the word that does not really exist in wedding vocabulary is FREE. But, I just wanted to take a little time out of my morning to talk about some of the things that I've been running across during this wedding planning that I've been blessed with, for FREE!
Yesterday I talked to my cousin Eric on the phone. He's got to be the sweetest guy who's walked the earth. He's now engaged to the sweetest girl on the planet....so that'll be one heck of a fun wedding! But anyhoo...Eric's been helping out a lot on the farm this spring, with planting and all, and he's got the hook up for me for the port-a-johns! One of his best buddies family owns their own company, so we're all set in that department!
I've also been emailing back and forth with all of my aunts. They are providing their gracious cooking skills and they are all making a different appetizer for the wedding. This idea stems from the fact that we're having the wedding on the farm, this all started with the idea my gramma had about 10 years ago to have a barn dance on the farm. My gramma passed away when I was in college and I always thought I wanted to fulfill her dream of that dance on the farm....so the appetizers are now dedicated to her, using all of her recipies for the food selections! Neat idea huh. So, we'll be having meatballs, pickle and bologna sandwiches, hot pickles, calico beans, pick-me-ups, date cookies, and some other sweets. And not to mention her all time fav, Old Dutch Potato chips for the 9 pm pulled pork sandwich station! Oh...talk about food. But in the long run, when all is said and done, it's FREE for me!
Other free things...my arbor that we'll be standing under, which my cousin Nick built. They set it up last weekend and cemented it in the ground. It's gorgeous!
All of the free labor that I've been blessed with to get ready for the event. Thank goodness for big families!
Our photographer came out last weekend to take a picture of us with Brandon's car, to use as the blow up picture in which all the guests will sign at the reception....well, she came out for almost an hour photoshoot and she gave us the session for FREE! What a fantastic sweetheart!
Megan, I like to call her, my soon-to-be sister in law, well she's making the guest book for the reception. It's a fantastic piece of art that she's painted for me. It's the skeleton of a tree without any leaves, and we went out and picked up some fingerprint ink, where guests put their fingerprint on it (like a leaf) and then sign it. Our family tree! Love it...and, might I say...FREE!
Keyboard for the ceremony....made a few phonecalls with family that has connections...turns out we located one from my aunt's sister in law...she's letting us use it for FREE!
And then with all the DIY projects, they are practically free...well, you know, with a lot of coupons at Michaels!

In the end, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who have made my wedding feel more special than any other day of my life....and it hasn't even happened yet! I'm blessed.
Drop Photos Here to Upload (or click)
24 days, and I'll be a bride. Almost twenty-two months of being engaged and it's finally here!!!
The time has flown by. I really don't know how you brides do it...you know, the ones that plan everything in less than 6 months and get married! It's crazy. I think I literally would have lost it.
I'm such a planner and it's been both good and bad. I know there are going to be some things that go wrong, or at least not the way I planned for my wedding, and I'm so over it. I don't care. I'm trying to be a go-with-the flow girl and I think it's starting to help my nerves a bit. At least I think so!
I got this picture off of facebook this morning. My niece Lily is going to be gorgeous as a flower girl. I can't wait to see her in the dress again! I still need to get a ring bearer and 2 junior groomsmen fitted for tuxes. I'm started to get a little nervous that it'll get really close for them...so we gotta put a rush on this! Yesterday, Memorial Day, we took Treva shopping for a new outfit for the wedding. She ended up taking a few valium's before we left and still ended up crying a few times. This woman is just a lot to handle. But all I can say is thank you Dress Barn. Got a few outfits for her and am happy that she won't be wearing her stirup sweatpants for the wedding!!!
As for other little stuff, the wedding cake topper is done and is being shipped to Mom's house as we speak. Super cute huh! It's going to look great on the cake...which reminds me, I have to call and confirm a headcount with her, which I still don't know....maybe that can wait until next week!

All I have time for right now. Will be back soon, as there is much to discuss with only a few days left!
Drop Photos Here to Upload (or click)
First time back since flying back to NC. Two weeks ago I flew home to Minnesota for my bridal shower/bachelorette party. This trip had been planned for months before knowing of my gramma's turn for the worst. It just so happened that I lost my gramma on Saturday the 24th. Oh what an emotional trip home. My gramma hadn't been doing so well for the past 2 years or so, and I assumed knowing that she wouldn't be in pain anymore would be easier to deal with than it really was. My dad was a horrible wreck and I hadn't seen him cry that much in a really long time. He's now parentless....I couldn't imagine life without my mom and dad. It's going to be a period of my life and I never want to see happen!
It's crazy to think about, but 8 years earlier, just one day later (April 25th) I had lost my other gramma. I cant' believe it's been that long already, but now I know that both gramma's will be with me on my wedding day....looking down as beautiful angels in heaven. Now that is something that puts a little peace in my soul.
The trip home was...well, awful. First we had to bury gramma. Then the new puppy that I bought for my mom and dad got in a fight with one of the cats and now has a pretty good injury to her eye....she'll be ok...but one more thing I felt awful about. Then the day we buried gramma, my cousin Tony got a devasting phone call from his ex girlfriends brother, telling him that the girl that he dated for over 7 years was murdered in the twin cities, by some guy that killed 2 other people and himself that same day!!! It's all over in the news, what a devasting ordeal to go through. Tony is a mess and I haven't stopped thinking about him since. What a world we live in, that's all I can say.

Soooo...all of this news came before my shower and party on the following Saturday. Needless to say that I hadn't slept in almost 3 days, hadn't eaten anything either since my stomach had the best of me. The only good thing that came of that, was that my dress fitting went amazing well, fit like a glove and they even had to take it in...you kidding me??!!! But anyhow, I felt awful for the party. My aunts and my friends put so much work into my party and I felt like crap. I tried my best to put a smile on my face, but everytime I opened a pretty gift, or something sentimental, I broke down into tears. I could just imagine what my guests thought of me by the end. Go home, they probably thought!!! So, that's what I did. Instead of getting all wild and crazy and drinking a lot, like my friends wanted, I went home. I know I let a lot of people down, and they expected more from me, but all I can do is say that I'm sorry. And I can promise one thing....that I will not be feeling like this one my wedding day!
The kicker of the trip home, was that my mom didn't feel very well either. Two days after the shower/party we had a cake tasting appt. that ended up in taking mom to the ER where she passed one hell of a kidney stone that she had been battling the entire time I was home. She's ok now, but Oh what a whirlwind of a trip. Can you tell that I'm exhausted. It took a weekend of sleeping in to be able to get up this morning and face a work week that I'm not really looking forward to.

To boot....I didn't take any pictures of my party. My aunt Rosie took a few that I'm posting here....but I hope to be able to add some more on a later post by photos of my matron of honor.

Other than that....got the marriage license ball rolling (waiting for brandon to get it notorized so I can mail it back), then ordered the booze, figured out my rental equipment, shopped for some reception stuff, met with out caterer, and had a good dress fitting. Everything I wanted to get done besides meeting with Cindy to discuss music. I think that's doable over the phone though. We'll see what happens in the next 46 days....are you kidding me??? 46 days!!!!
Drop Photos Here to Upload (or click)
Green Trips home.... I'm an emotional wreck!
Green Trips home.... I'm an emotional wreck!
It's official....as of last Thursday when I put the invitations in the mail, WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!!! There's no turning back now. All of my coworkers who saw me on Saturday said they got their invite already and they are excited about the event coming up! I also got many many compliments on them as well! Ashley did a damn good job! It just seems like yesterday that we got engaged...not almost 2 years ago!!!! We're definately ready and can't wait for the day to get here. 60 days and counting!
Drop Photos Here to Upload (or click)
Green Wedding Invitation They're in the mail.
Last night I spent the entire night on the phone with Delta trying to rearrange my flight home. I wasn't supposed to fly home for my bridal shower/bachelorette party until this Thursday, but my Mom called me late on Saturday telling me that my Grandma Ethel had passed away. I loved my Grandma, this is going to be a hard one to get through. I think she'll make a beautiful angel and I'm glad that she is no longer in any pain. The last good visit that I had with her was almost 2 years ago. She has been living in a nursing home for almost 15 years now. Her body just wasn't strong enough to be on her own, and I remember this visit well. I brought Brandon home with me on an Easter trip I think. We went up to spend the afternoon with Grandma, and I introduced Brandon to her, and she looked him right in the eyes and said, "It's nice to meet you, young man." And then that was it. That's all she said, but it means a lot to me knowing that she met him and even if she didn't remember anything after that, it's what I'll always remember. So this trip is truly going to be bittersweet.
The funeral is on Thursday, the day that I had planned to meet with all of my vendors to go over all of the wedding info. It's easy enough to rearrange and I'll just have to make sure I have everyone's phone numbers since my parents do not have the internet. AHhhh...chaos!
My Godmother Jennifer and her two daughters, along with my aunt Rosie and Carolyn are throwing me my bridal shower on Sat. at 2. It is a 1950's Garden theme party! Hopefully the rain they are predicting will hold off until Sunday! Then at 6, my best friend in the world Lisa is throwing me my bachelorette party. Martini's start at 2, and it's going to be a realllllly long day! At least I'll be around there until Tuesday, so there's plenty of time to get everything done. My mind is going to be preoccupied with Grandmas passing, but I know she'd enjoy knowing that I was having fun at my party. Like I said this trip is going to be very bittersweet!
Drop Photos Here to Upload (or click)
For each wedding that has meant a lot to me, the gift I usually give is a blanket that I make for the couple. I only know how to single stitch when I crochet...so it takes me a while...but when I finish, it usually looks pretty cool.
So my Mom has complained in the past that she's never gotten a blanket. So, it's a surprise, but I finally finished the blanket I made for her as a thank you for all the help and support she's given to me through this whole wedding process.

I think it turned out pretty nice....and matches the colors in her bedroom really well.
Drop Photos Here to Upload (or click)
Green DIY Wedding Finished Mom's blanket!