Well Ladies, I just added up again how much this wedding is going to cost. I have been pretty ...
Hello my Sister's, I hope all the planning has gone well for you. I have been MIA for a few weeks. Partially to the WBC changes but mostly due to some changes in my life. Our budget has just decreased drastically and we have made a few new decisions. My job has cut hours since I work at the oceanfront and this is our dead season, and i've tried to find a 2nd job but have not been lucky. This season has been the worst in the 5 years I have been at my job. It doesn't make it any easier to get through it when we are planning our wedding. My fils had no clue as to how much a wedding could cost and so now that they are aware we finally have them on board to help make cuts to the guest list and help out where they can. They will be giving us $2,500 to go towards the wedding but they are also purchasing the alcohol and the portable potty( the potty that is in a trailer). So below are the changes and cut backs we had to make:
1) The Guest list- Down from 88 to 64 the less people the less amount of chairs,tables, linen for that table and centerpieces needed for that table as well.
2) Time- The wedding was an evening wedding from 5-11 p.m. It will now be from 10 or 11 a.m. -2 or 3 p.m.
3) Food- Now that the time frame has changed the food we will serve has changed as well. We will now have a brunch reception w/ mimosas, and wine only. This has helped a lot with the budget.
4) Photography- This will be a family friend that takes pics of our local artist and models here in our area.
5) Videography- There will be no video, the pictures are more important.
6) Flowers- I will be purchasing our flowers from a florist here and putting them together with my aunts.
7) Centerpieces- I will be doing small photo boxes w/ vases in them for our flowers. The frames are 5x7 and will be put together with hinges. These are our table names. two of the frames will have a picture of the chef that inspires us and the other two will have a biography of that chef and why they inspire us in it. The vases and frames both will come from the Dollar Tree since you can order in bulk from them. ( Major Score here)
8) Transportation- I will not be having a limo. Instead we will be using my uncle and aunts Chrysler 300 its big enough for my dress to fit in the back.
9) Invitations- ShannyPooh Designs a.k.a Mrshtobe is doing all of our stationary. She really is a sweet heart and she works with you until you are happy with the product. It doesn't matter how big or small your issue might be and the price is reasonable. I am very pleased and will post pics when everything is finalized.
10) DJ- Our dj is FREEEEEEEEE. This is a family friend who is letting this be her gift to us. I so love family friends.
So these are our changes. I thought I would be really upset if I couldn't have the wedding i've dreamed of; but on the flip side of that coin I am marrying the man of my dreams. We are having a more intimate wedding and now that the fils are on board with scaling down I think we will be ok. I will be brutally honest though, I can't wait until it's all over. I have been stressed with high blood pressure, headaches, and weight gain from eating but I am pulling it all together now. I just need July 13th to hurry up and get here. Thanks for reading and as always your comments and suggestions are always welcome. I so love my sisters here and now that WBC is back to normal and my stress is mellowing out I will be back. I have so much catch up to do!! Peace and Blessing to my sisters.
Lots of Love,