Happy New Years Ladies! 2013 is here and I will be in Maui Hawaii next year for our 15th Anni...
I'm on the fence about whether we should have a receiving line.
My reasons for wanting it:
1. I like the tradition of it
2. I want to greet all of my guests
3. It would be weird to all my guests who are use to it and expecting it
My reasons for not wanting it:
1. It takes too long
2. I want to get to photos right away after the ceremony so that we can make it back for the end of cocktail hour
3. I want to sample our delicious cocktails, and I can greet them all at cocktail hour as well as go table to table during the reception
1. At a friends wedding I went to a few years ago, after they were pronounced husband & wife, instead of a recessional they went row by row and dismissed each row while greeting each guest as they left. I like that idea becuase we would greet them and then able to stay at the alter for pics. Only problem with that is we were planning on jumping the broom while african drummers played while we walked down the aisle. Which I definitely want to keep.
2. Have as many pics taken before the ceremny as possible (me alone, me & parents/grandparents, me & girls, groom & guys, parents, etc.) so that we can have the line, and only have to worry about bride & groom pics, all of us together, etc. Reducing the pic time & making it back for cocktails. ***This may be my option***
Is there a way to make the receiving line go faster? Would it be rude to not have a line?