I just can't seem to escape the drama. I was in tears this morning because I am so overwhelmed. I...
GETTING A FEEL FOR THE PERFECT ISLAND
#6, LAST CHOICE out all all 6 islands!
We are making a decision to where we want our romance to continue for our vow renewals!
This has been HARD to really make that decision. All islands are so beautiful to have weddings/renewals. Something about this one is really special to us. The outside eating in the water! Couldn't load up that pic....but the intimate water bungalows is a plus, taking a canoe to your room/bunglow ans seeing the water below you in pic #1 & 2! ....Sigh....Ahhhhh, which island! ! LOL
Here is some insight we studied on Tahiti!
Overseas visitors intending to get married in French Polynesia are required to select the date of the ceremony as well as the commune (Tahitian island) where they would like their marriage to be celebrated. The below documents MUST arrive in French Polynesia at least 45 days PRIOR to the ceremony..
Determine Eligibility to Get Married in French Polynesia
- Both spouses mube at least 18-years old
- Both spouses cannot be already married
- Spouses must be of the opposite sex
- Cannot be related by direct lineage
- Cannot be of French origin or have French residential status in France or its territories
- Both spouses must be physically in French Polynesia at least 3 days prior to the ceremony
- The bride and the groom must each choose a witness (who must be 18 years of age or older)
- A translator/interpreter must be present at the ceremony (the resort may provide this)
- The "Marriage of Foreign Citizens in French Polynesia" form must be completed
- A letter signed and dated by both future spouses, addressed to the mayor of the commune chosen for the marriage ceremony
- Proof of identity of both the future spouses (copies of their passports)
- A certified copy of both spouses birth certificate authenticated with an "Apostille" (note: the birth certificates MUST have been issued less than 6 months prior to the date of the marriage). Both of the birth certificates AND the "Apsotille" MUST be translated into French by an approved translator and legalized by the French Consulate.
- A "Certificate of Non-Marital Status" ("Certificat de Celibat") signed by lawyer, translated into French and legalized by the French Consulate.
- Proof of residency for both of the future spouses (a utility bill or any bill noting names and physical address will suffice).
- Optional, if a prenuptial agreement has been created, it must be translated into French and authenticated by the French Consulate.
- Expedite ALL MATERIALS to the Mayor's office in French Polynesia at LEAST 45 DAYS PRIOR TO THE CEREMONY of the commune in which the spouses are getting married. After submission of the application file the Mayor's office will send spouses an approval letter.
- The approval letter is proof that your application has been approved - you MUST have this document with you on the day of your ceremony in order fo the marriage to be legal!
The Legal Ceremony
- On the day of the ceremony, the future spouses guests and the witnesses go to the Mairie (city hall) - hotels can provide the two witnesses if required.
- The Mayor (or an appointed representative from the Mayor's office) will perform the ceremony, in the presence of at least two witnesses if required.
- After the ceremony, the mayor will give the spouses a Marriage Certificate ("Certificat de Celebration de Mariage"). this certificate will be dated and signed by the mayor's office of the commune in which the marriage takes place and will allow the spouses to prove that the marriage was legal when going back to their country of origin.
Tahitain Wedding Ceremony
Once you have been legaly married you will then return to the Tahitian resort of your choosing to take part in a traditional Tahitan Wedding Ceremony.Tahiti Travel Mate can arrange everything for you an your loved one, from candlelight dining to the traditional Tahitian wedding ceremony. It is difficult to imagine a more romantic setting and you'll treasure the memories for a life tiime.
Choose your Island in French Polynesia
Just click on one of the island links below and select the wedding ceremony that appeals. Our Tahiti Wedding Planner will assist you in making the right sleection based on the size of you group and budget. Then contact Tahiti Travel Mate and let our Tahiti Wedding Planner guide you in making all the right decisions.
Tahiti - Moorea - Bora Bora - Huahine - Tahaa - Manihi - Tikehau - Nuka Hiva - Hiva Oa
Tiki Village Moorea
Upon their arrival at the Tiki Village the couple is greeted by a festive band of local musicians and Polynesian dancers. The bride is then escorted to the ceremonial hut where sje is prepared for the wedding. Inside the hut she is massaged woith Monoi and dressed like a Tahitian princess. Meanwhile the groom is taken by canoe to a small beach where he is preoared for the ceremony. While on the beach the groom is tattooed (not permanent) and dressed ike a Tahitin Chief. Afterwrads the groom is returned to the village to meet his lovelly Tahitian Princess who awaits him with the Priest and Polynesian villagers for the commencment of the ceremony.
Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa
PaI Miti Sunset Beach Wedding
The bride and groom are dressed in white pareos, flower crowns & flower necklaces before proceeding to the beach by canoe where the ceremony will take place. After the wedding vows are exchanged, a trio of musicians will entertain. The ceremony takes about 20-minutes.
Includes: pareos, flower crowns and leis, bed of flowers, fruit basket, 2 wedding cocktails served on the beach, bottle of Champagne, marriage certificate, canoes to transport the couple to the beach, Master of ceremonies and a Polynesian musical trio.
Per couple from $900.00
Te Mana Spiritual Wedding
The bride and groom are dressed in white pareos, flower crowns & flower necklaces before proceeding to the beach by canoe where the ceremony will take place. After the wedding vows are exchanged, enjoy a Polynesian dance show with fire dance before a special dinner is served on the beach. The ceremony takes about 20-minutes. You will enjoy a Monoi Maitai Spa Treatment.
Includes: pareos, flower crowns and leis, a bed of flowers, fruit basket in bungalow, Monoi Spa Treatment 50 minutes at Manea Spa, 2 wedding cocktails, marriage certificate, canoes to transport the couple to the beach, Master of ceremonies, Polynesian fire dance, Honeymoon dinner with a botle of champagne or wine.
Per couple from $1,100.00
Princess Ceremony - Transportation atop a double royal canoe to an authentic Tahitin Village. Wedding conducted by the Cheif of the village and the High Priest. Ensemble of musicians and villagers. Leis and crowns of flowers for the couple. A Tahitin Marriage certificate made of tapa. Champagne, Photographs of the ceremony. Transportation back to your hotel
Per couple from $1,300.00
Royal Ceremony - The couple arrives from their hotel by canoe and are welcomed by villagers on small canoes. After the ceremony the couple is carried By Polynesian warriors atop the Royal chair and takenon a grand processionaround the village. A romantic cruise on the Royal outrigger canoe with an ensemble of musicians ands champagne. A massage for for two on the royal floating house. Optional complimentary honeymoon night on the royal floating house (breakfast charges apply). Per couple from $1,650.00
Royal deluxe Ceremony - A choir of Tahitian Mamas singing during the wedding ceremony with a spectacular Tahiti dance show following. A romantic dinner served on the royal floating house. Optional complimentary night on the royal flaoting house including breakfast brough by canoe.
Per couple from $2,100.00
Sofitel Ia Ora Beach Resort
An unforgettable experience awaits as you choose to celebrate your wedding vows or an anniversary in one of the most magical resorts in French Polynesia, the Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort. On the most beautiful beach setting in Moorea facing the majestic green mountains of Tahiti as a distant back drop, you will enjoy a traditional Polynesian wedding ceremony. Songs and prayers fill the air as you celebrate your love for one another.
Includes: Authentic Tahitian wedding ceremony by Tahitian Priest on the beach of the Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort, 2 Tahitian singers and ukulele playes, 2 pareos and 2 flower leis, Wedding certificate, exotic cocktail celebration.
Per couple from $700.00
Here Nui Ceremony
Includes: Authentic Tahitian wedding ceremony by Tahitian Priest on the beach of the Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort, 3 Tahitian singers and ukulele player, 4 Tahitian dancers, 2 pareos, 2 flower leis, 2 flower crowns, wedding certificate, Champagne celebration.
Per couple from $1,450.00
Life is Magnifique Ceremony
Includes: Authentic Tahitian wedding ceremony by Tahitian Priest on the beach of the Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort, 3 Tahitian singers and ukulele player, 4 Tahitian dancers, 2 pareos, 2 flower leis, 2 flower crowns, wedding certificate, celebration with one bottle of French Champagne, DVD with pictures and movie of the ceremony, romantic dinner at Sofitel Maeva Beach, flower bed.
Per couple from $1,850.00