~Our Renewals~ Hey my WBC family! I've been a little hush- hush lately. Our 14th wedding ann...
1. How long did you date before you got engaged?
3 years 4 months
2. Did you get the ring you wanted?
Exactly, without even telling him :)
3. Was the proposal a complete surprise?
Not completely. I knew it was coming and thought maybe this would be when but was still suprised when he actually did it.
4. Do you wish you had a bigger/smaller diamond? If so How big or small?
Nope, its the perfect size for me.
5. Did you cry when he proposed?
After I showed my Mom and Dad and my Dad got teary eyed.
6. Was the proposal romantic or creative? Explain.
More romantic I think. He took me to a special spot on the water in our favourite park for a really romantic picnic... he was so nervous it was so cute.
7. When do you want to go for your honeymoon?
A day or two after the ceremony.
8. Are you buying his wedding band for him?
Yup I am.
9. Have you gone over your original wedding budget?
The budget isn't really solid, we know approximately what we want to spend and so far so good.
10. What day of the year will your wedding be?
11. What kind of weather?
Hopefully sunny and nice with a tiny bit of a cool breeze.... no rain please.
12. Inside or outside?
Inside for both ceremony and reception
13. Church/justice of the peace/other?
Catholic priest - we are getting Andy's Uncle from Scotland to do it!
14. How many people will be there?
Likely between 140-150
15. Time of day?
Ceremony 2pm-sih, cocktail hour 530-630, dinner 630, dance 9pm
16. Any kind of theme?
purple, grey/silver and a hint of orange... sort of playing up the forest/midsummer nights dream theme since the reception hall is in the middle of a forest
17. How many bridesmaids? Who would they be?
4 - MOH - sister and best friend Adele, bridesmaids - Sarah N, Sarah C and Liz - my closest friends
18. What kind of cake/what will it look like?
3 tiers, preferably buttercream icing in white with a purple icing ribbon curving around it, potentially some sugar flowers, very simple. as for flavours - marble with mocha filling, carrot with cream cheese filling, and white likely with a strawberry filling
19. Where will you have the reception?
20. What kind of dress will you have/color/material?
Justin Alexander 8030, white taffeta ball gown, sweetheart neckline with straps that sit on shouulders, pick up skirt with silk flowers in the pick ups
21. What kind of flowers in your bouquet?
22. Kind of engagement ring?
white gold, centre diamond, curved band with 4 smaller diamonds on either side of middle diamond curving with band
23. Kind of wedding bands?
I'm not getting the one that matches my ring because its a jacket and just looks weird, so getting a plain white gold band custom made to fit the curve, and FH's is white gold brushed
24. How will you wear your hair?
Up with my bangs in front with a few pieces down and curled, veil underneath the updo
25. Who will be important to be there?
26. Will the reception be big or small?
27. What will the groom wear?
black suit, whtie vest and tie - maybe some purple or orange in there, with a purple and orange flower
28. Where will you go for the honeymoon?
29. How long?
Likely a week
30. What will you do?
vampire tour, eat delicious food, listen to jazz music, mississippi boat tour, other things ;)
31. Will it be modest or costly?
in between, we'll see how much the actual wedding costs
32. What will you stay in?
33. How old will you and the groom be?
I will be just over a month from 26, and he will be 25 and a half
34. How long will you be engaged before you get married?
2 years 8 months
35. Live together before or wait till married?
will be living together this fall, so for about 9 months
36. Take a long time to plan the wedding or will it be simple?
planning for a very long time
37. Will you do it yourself or with family or hire someone to plan the wedding?
Just me, with help from family and friends
38. Will you write your own vows or use something pre-made?
Pre-made, I really like the catholic ceremony vows