Super easy, half as evil, smoother than ever, begs to be piped! I have never looked back after di...
Share a Deal
Vistaprint free desk calendars!
So girls, Vistaprint's free deals are on right now. All you pay for is shipping and you can get a bunch of stuff for free.
I designed this calendar for the hubsy (and one for me I bought for an extra $8.50) - it's a photo desk calendar. I think it will be cute and we can each have it on our desks when we're away from each other... Oh god -sappiness alert. LOL
Anyhoo, enough sappiness. Just thought I would share. Cute for engagement photos, wedding photos, whatevs.
You can write captions for photos, or a monthly message. I picked either a holiday (eg Thanksgiving, or something). You can also mark off special dates, like our 2 anniversaries, 1 legal and the "real" one lol, our birthdays,etc.
I paid a bit higher for shipping since I am running out of time! LOL
I ordered my sign, and 2 calendars and shipping was a bit high, but if you have time to get your stuff in, shipping for everything would have been just about $15.
Also got a cute window decal for our car driving away that night, next day, whatevs. Just fun. And Free! It didn't change the shipping cost at all!
Ask a Question
Here she comes again - the DIY DUMMY! Wedding program HELP!
So girls, I bought cardstock at Michael's the other day, and then I realized there are like a million different weights.
I am using the cardstock to make our wedding programs. I thought I bought 85 lb. but silly me - it said 65 not 85. I swear I am not always dumb, but get me into anything DIY, total goof. :(
Anyhoo, is this too lightweight for programs? I want mine to look like the ones in the pic. If my cardstock is too light, how thick should it be?
Thanks lovelies and sorry for my ignorance lol
Tashasita's spice box favours. Mum's chai recipe added!
My brother had a really cute idea for our wedding favours. They are a box of spices from Sri Lanka - cardamom, black pepper, cinnamon and cloves. They just so happen to be almost all the spices that you need for masala tea, you may know it as Chai tea.
In India, Chai is the word for tea and Masala literally means spices.
Anyway, he suggested I print up a label with my mum's masala chai tea recipe on the back. I love it.
Here it is for anyone who likes chai!
MUM’S MASALA CHAI (Serves 4)
4 whole cloves, 2 cardamom pods crushed
1 Cinammon stick broken into pieces, 1/4 inch fresh ginger
3 cups cold water, 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 cups milk, 2 tbsp. strong loose tea leaves or 4 tea bags
Sugar to taste
Add spices, cold water, ginger and pepper and bring to boil. Simmer on low for 5 mins. to bring out the flavour. Add tea and bring to a boil again - steep for 3 - 5 mins. Add milk and bring to a boil again. Strain into a warmed teapot or directly into warm tea cups.
** NOTE from Mum: "Drink Masala Chai and spice up your life!"
I am thinking to just take white Avery labels and print this out and stick them on the box and insert the 3rd picture (in black and white) on the label. Or do you think I should attach a little business card with the recipe to the favour tag/ribbon? Our favour tags right now are pic 4.
What say you?
Wedding Music And Songs
Tashasita's ceremony list finally finished!
Prelude music: I was thinking maybe just soft jazz - like Kenny G,and some other love songs. Thanks rmmharrison!
I really like:
Ribbons in the Sky - Stevie Wonder
This is Love - Kelly Rowland
Golden - Chrissette Michele
Spend my life with you - Eric Benet and Tamia
A Kiss to Build a Dream on - Louis Armstrong
Let's Stay Together - Al Green
Cruisin - Smokey Robinson
Right before ceremony starts: A Hindi love song. Both sooo old but sooo good! LOL
1) Kabhi Kabhi
2) Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Start of ceremony to draw attention to guys: Here I Stand - Usher
Bridal Party entrance: Overjoyed - Stevie Wonder
Bride/Father of the Bride: Giving Myself to You - Jennifer Hudson (this took me the longest to pick, there were so many contenders. But this song gave me chills from beginning to end. I hope I don't fall apart lol)
Sand Ceremony: The Prayer - Andrea Boccelli and Celine Dion
Recessional: Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder
What do you think lovelies?
Ask a Question
Bachelorette outfit possibility? And shoe/accesories advice please?
So girls, I think I found a bachelorette outfit.. in my closet. WICKED. :)
Oh FYI, Nidhal I know I am sooo being a wannabe with the phone and mirror pics LMAO! Even my posts today are Nidhal-wannabes, but you're totally reminding me what I have to post lol
Was thinking of a bachelorette outfit and remembered I have this cute Banana Republic tiered dress from last year. NEVER WORN. (2nd two pics) Problem is I tried it on and it's huge and makes me look a bit boxy. Good thing and bad thing. Good thing on the weight loss, bad thing on the boxy bachelorette look lol.
On that note - weight loss update - 4 inches gone off the waist, 3.5 off the hips and 2.5 at the "indian girl pouch" area of the lower belly/top of hip area. I also hate my arms less. LOL
BUT then I had a thought (rare lol). I pinned it up short and took it in (just with pins on both sides) and it looked way cuter and possibly bachelorette appropriate. I paired it with my fun BCBG heels. These pics don't do the shoes justice. They're a dark forest green leather with a wicked heel - they are clear and fade to black and the bottom - they look really cool live, they're high and they're comfy. They also have an ankle strap (high) that I did not do up. Do they look ok?
Think this dress (altered version) is cute enough for the bachelorette? I prefer to wear these shoes soley cuz it's budget crunch time and I already own them lol.
Also, what accessories? I'm thinking silver. Potentially my new Tiffany bangle, my big silver hoops and awesome straight and sleek hair.
Yes? No? Maybe so?
What's left? Besides 20 days?! OY!
Ok I am doing this more for me cuz I have lists way too many places, and this is to keep track of what I need to do. God forbid the iPhone ever went missing, I would fall apart lol. Nidhal, thanks for the idea!
Ok so, here goes.
2) Assemble programs. Figure out a way to fancify programs a touch.
3) Compose seating plan and print - possibly mounted on pretty purple cardstock? Do I want place cards or do I want to scrap them? Make decision and stick with it lol. Stickers ordered from eBay YAY! Can have tables and place cards organized!
4) Buy the rest of the BM gifts
5) Call Dj re: ceremony music. Compose ceremony playlist. Discuss with DJ different specialty songs/dedications.
6) Obtain memorial table pictures
7) Find cake plates
8) One more ring bearer outfit
9) Order cheques from bank.
10) Plan menu for mehendi with mom and girls and for family BBQ with hubsy, Dad, bro.
11) Write out list of speeches, dedications, shout-outs for MCs.
12) Assign hostess duties - helping people be seated, calling tables for dinner (hostess or coordinators?)
13) Indianize flower girl - bangles or tikka for her hair
14) Pick up my wedding band/e-ring
15) Obtain outfit from designer
16) Jewelery - On its way thanks to CAMMY!!! (camyam73)
17) Ring bearer and flower girl gifts
18) Assemble favours.
1) One more facial.
3) White strips
4) Water water and more water
5) Mani/pedi appointment for Friday before wedding
TashaSita's Friday Five!
The 'What If' Edition
Ok girls, dreaming and thinking big today! It's the What If edition!
1) If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?
2) If you had a yacht given to you, what would you name it?
3) If you won a lottery - let's say $20 million (US dollars for argument's sake lol) what would you do with it?
4) If you had to get a tattoo, what would it be of? If you have one, tell us its significance and why you chose it or tell us the next one
5) If you could write a book (maybe you will), what would it be about?
1) I think I would be a lioness - not to be Queen lol, but I'm kinda like a cat - moody lol - and then fiercely protective of who I love.
2) Probably the SitaRam - named after my grandparents and also an ancient Indian King and Queen who they were named after. Cool part is that my grandma Sita when she found out my grandpa's name, (old school quasi-arranged but my grandma was protesting it) was put at ease... she felt like it was a sign that he was the right man for her. Turns out he was. They had one of the best marriages I have ever seen :) Sita also lived through a fire test, and it seems like a good idea that the boat would be named after something uber strong lol
3) Give alot to charity - Hubsy and I have this debate alot though. We would probably either open a charity ourselves to make sure the funds are spent responsibly, open a micro-finance institution and give loans out like kiva and encourage independent business or something OR actually go to someone like Habitat for Humanity and buy the supplies for the homes and oversee them being built. Mark has issues with how charities spend money and although I do as well, I think when you give with a good heart, you're always good :) Ok tangent lol.. besides that, I would def take my mom, sis and girls on a shopping spree and pay off all family debts and invest some, buy a house cash and still work - but doing something I love and not be stressed. Travel too!
4) I was thinking about something to do with family, some sort of symbol of my family. But undecided...
5) My current project is about a man on a boat and how he sees the world and explores different cultures and experiences. From a very humble standpoint. I am extremely interested in different cultures, traditions, travel, etc. So this gives me an opportunity to research as well.
Countdown! 23 days!!!!!!!
Always been my lucky number! Closer to Coasting!
To me, the number 23 will always be a favourite and remind me of my fave basketball player EVER - Michael Jordan. :)
And on this day with my favourite number, things are looking up! I am so much closer to coasting (see second pic)
-the girls ALL now have saris to wear, just one blouse needs to be made
-the jewelery is in WONDERFUL hands
-the favours are en route and the pesky red ribbon issue has been solved - Mom says they are shrinkwrapped twice, so I can take the first layer off, remove the ribbon (she says it comes off really easily) and then attach my pretty purple ribbon and tag :)
-I have a bachelorette dress in my closet, just needs some minor alterations, I may need shoes - but how fun is that?! LOL And in worst case scenario, I do have shoes that are acceptable, just not quite the OOMPH the dress needs.. Oh darn, I have to shoe shop LOLOL
-my outfit is still not here, but I am going tomorrow to get new measurements done and all the pesky weight I put on being a dummy off my diet, I have lost again :)
Things are looking up!
Ask a Question
Which sign do you like better?
Hi girls, I designed two signs in Vistaprint yesterday - I think these are so cute, and just paying shipping is pretty cool. I wanted to do up a couple of things - DJ request cards - and so I figured I am already paying shipping, I can add one of these :)
Can you help me pick? And also, ddoes the quote look ok? And one more thing - like this quote or should I use one of these?
"I found love and love was you"
"The beginning of forever"
"I made a wish and you came true"
Ask a Question
Help a DIY dummy out! What do I do?
Ok ladies, so I got uber excited to name my tables after songs. Amy (trombonechick) made the awesome table names for me and I bought my beautiful treble clef table number holders and I was uber excited...
BUT then... I had a moment of realization and clarity (rare)
How do I address the place cards and how does my brother (MC) call out the tables to the buffet? So I thought, no problem, I'll go to Michael's, grab some black number stickers and stick them on, and plan my tables that way. Michael's had every sticker known to man except numbers. I don't have room to use letters on these, and I don't really trust myself to draw the numbers on... Any suggestions or anyone know where I can get number stickers from that will work? Like the third picture - there's a few sellers in the US but their shipping time is CRAZY or they don't ship to Canada period. Sigh.. I need these quick!
Second question - the spice boxes are en route, ready to ship. YAY! One thing closer to coasting! Let's pray they get here in time. HA!
But anyway, My uncle requested that they take out the little red bow when packaging them, and they did not. OOPS. So now I have ribbon (purple) and favour tags to add.. And I am not sure how to work around the bow. NOTE: the bow is INSIDE the shrink wrap. Any suggestions on how to present this without it looking weird?
That's all. Any ideas would be great!