I decided to make a Flip Flop Basket for our reception, because I was at a wedding last year and ...
So I was on the hunt for a certain style centerpiece and I ran across this. I actually think I will do this!! Here are the DIY instructions
(However I dont think I'll use jars, just decorate a vase)
This will really add a nice "bling" effect if you placed votives around it!!
(cheap to make too!!)
1. Clean mayonnaise jar, or jar of similar size (either plastic or glass);
2. Decorative glass marbles in your choice of color(s). These are located in the craft store with flower arranging supplies. They are rounded on one side and flat on the other side, and available in a variety of colors. The vase pictured above is made with clear iridescent marbles.
With a hot glue gun:
1. Remove the label from the jar and wash/dry thoroughly. If adhesive residue remains, use a product like Goo Gone to remove the residue.
2. Beginning at the bottom of the vase, glue the marbles to the jar, working your way to the top of the jar, until the entire jar is covered with marbles.
3. Fill with water, flowers, and enjoy!
1. Try to arrange the marbles as closely together as possible, but don't be concerned if there are gaps. This will naturally happen, but when the vase is finished, they won't be noticeable (especially with the clear marbles and light-colored marbles).