So i wanted the most possible blinged out card box without spending a fortune. I finally finished...
I was in Hobby Lobby earlier and looked up and saw the Unity Sand kit! I was instantly intrigued! I really did not want to light a candle because I am so clumsy, so I totally want to do this! I even did a little research from www.sandceremonyset.com.. What do you think about this?? Instructions below.
It is a safe and meaningful way to symbolize the new blended family.
The vases can be engraved with initials, names or the wedding date making them a spectacular keepsake for years to come.
Step by Step Instructions
1. The Groom will commence by pouring a portion of the black sand into the central glass vase.
2. The Bride will follow by pouring a portion of the white sand also into the central vase creating a layered effect.
3. To complete the ceremony, the Groom and Bride simultaneously pour the balance of their sand into the central container. To make this process a little easier, create a funnel using decorative paper. Personalize the funnel by including names, date or even poetry that holds a special meaning for the Bride and Groom. (The central vase can be engraved with the Bride and Groom's monogram). The co-mingling of the colored sand represent the joining of the Bride and Groom.
Consult with your wedding officiate in order to customize the readings and sentiments that will accompany this ceremony.
4. Following the wedding, the two outside vases can be used to display fresh flowers or candles while the central vase will remain a cherished keepsake of your wedding day with your unique sand design.
Step by Step Instructions for including other Family Members into the Ceremony
The Sand Unity Ceremony has become a very popular option for including extended family members into the service. With the addition of these coordinatingMiniature Nesting Vases(shown above) and contrasting colors of sand, now children can be invited to take part. The mixing of the various sand colors is a fitting way to symbolize the new Blended Family that will result from this union. Although there are no set guidelines for this ceremony, generally the sand is poured into the central vase in the following order:
4. Father & Mother together.
Readings and sentiments can be customized as desired.
Every part of a wedding must be thought out. The dress, the suit, where the wedding will be held, who will officiate, who will attend, where the reception will be, and much, much more that you are very aware of. With all of the this, you also want ways to provide as many lasting momentos of this day as you can possibly imagine.
Certainly a One-of-a-kind Sand Ceremony Set is a truly great way to symbolize your union. Every set is completely unique due to the pattern that is created as you pour the sand into the central vase!Click here for examples of just how unique and beautiful the final vases can be.
See a YouTube Videos of How the Sand Ceremony Works Below: