You wear your watch every day and you want it to look good.
But you also want it to be durable as well as kind to your skin. That’s why choosing a silicone watch strap is such a good idea.
What are the benefits of silicone watch straps?
Silicone has good resistance to high and low temperatures, giving it greater longevity than other watch strap materials. It feels really comfortable to wear and has a nice modern appeal.
Does that sound good to you?
Maybe it’s time to change your current watch strap material and choose silicone! Here’s the best rubber watch strap on the market, followed by four alternatives.
Now that we’ve looked at some basic rubber watch strap specs, let’s dive deeper into all of the above products, starting with one that’s considered to be the best rubber watch strap on the market.
Best Rubber Watch Strap – Reviews & Buying guide for 2020
Overall Winner: Barton Soft Silicone Straps
If you want your watch strap to be bold and eye-catching, this Barton silicone strap is the one for you! Here’s what you should know about it.
- These watch straps can be worn with any traditional or smartwatch that uses 16mm, 18mm, 20mm, 22mm, or 24mm spring bars. They’re also designed to fit wrist sizes that are between 5 ½ and 8 inches in circumference.
- You don’t have to worry about your watch straps getting damaged during an active session at the gym because they are washable and waterproof.
- They have a textured back to prevent them from slipping. This makes them very comfortable to wear while also increasing air circulation between the watch straps and your skin.
- They’re quick-release for the ultimate convenience when taking them off or attaching them to your watch.
- They’re made with strong materials: stainless steel and high-tensile silicone. High-tensile silicone is more resistant to abrasion than other types of silicone while also having greater tear strength, so you don’t have to worry about these silicone watch straps tearing or getting nicked.
- Some people have reported that the textured underside of the watch straps picks up a lot of dirt as well as dead skin, so it needs to be washed daily. Luckily, silicone is really easy to clean.
- These straps come in 13 amazing shades, including pumpkin orange, sleek grey, pastel yellow, bright blue, and more.
- The watch strap has a protruding lever that keeps the spring bar in place easily and without a problem. This ensures that when the strap is removed from the watch you don’t need to be concerned that the spring bar will fall out or get misplaced. This is a nice extra touch to make using the watch strap so much more convenient.
- This strap is so budget-friendly, you’ll love purchasing a few straps in this range and mixing up your look from one day to the next.
They’re the best rubber watch straps on the market at a really decent price, and based on our above review it’s clear to see why.
Runner-Up: GadgetWraps Silicone Watch Brand Strap
GadgetWraps is a company that’s all about fine-tuning their products for their customers. They’ve made many changes to their silicone watch straps in recent years, and this one is the culmination of all their hard work so far.
- These 22mm rubber watch straps come with quick-release pins so that you can easily and quickly put them on or take them off without a fuss. It’s a totally tool-free installation, perfect for when you’re on the go.
- They’re made with high-quality, waterproof silicone, making them perfect for daily wear and active lifestyles.
- While some watch straps only contain one loop to keep the band’s long end more secure, these straps come with two loops so you can feel confident that they’re secured properly.
- People who have purchased this watch strap have reported that it is a bit stiffer and thicker than what they would have thought, but that’s a small concern because many people have reported that it’s very comfortable to wear.
- This strap comes in 22 colors, so there’s a shade to suit everyone’s taste.
- This watch strap has been hand-crafted so that it will fit every wrist size. You can find them in the following sizes: 14mm, 16mm, 18mm, 20mm, and 22mm.
- People who’ve had issues with their watch straps have reported that GadgetWraps’ customer service is exceptional, which will make you even more confident about purchasing this product.
- Sometimes you can’t help it: your watch’s rubber straps will collect fuzz and get a little dirty. But this silicone watch strap is really easy to wipe down and clean, which is a big factor that will contribute to its long lifespan.
It’s not going to burn a hole in your pocket while giving you everything you need from a quality watch strap.
Alternative 1: Alpine Premium Quality Silicone Watch Band Strap
One of the best things about this silicone watch band strap is that it’s got a hypoallergenic feature, so if you’re sensitive to watch strap materials, this one should be on your early Christmas shopping list. Let’s check out its features in greater detail.
- This watch strap comes with stainless-steel spring bars so that you can easily and quickly release them when needed. No tools are required.
- It has a heavy-duty stainless-steel hypoallergenic buckle, which is great for sensitive skin as it won’t cause redness or irritation.
- The strap is made from premium-quality silicone so it’ll last a long time without suffering wear and tear.
- Since the silicone is high tensile and strong, it’s perfect for being put under a lot of stress, such as when it comes to extreme climates. This makes it very versatile, no matter where you are.
- Some people who have purchased this watch strap have reported that it’s a little too thin in the buckle area and they would have preferred a thicker strap all around.
- It’s got stitches along the border of the strap, which adds a striking visual touch to the product.
- The watch strap has many holes in it so that you’re guaranteed of finding the perfect fit for your wrist.
- The silicone used in this product has a silky finish, which is nice and soft without compromising on its strength. That’s the perfect combination of features you want in a watch strap: comfort and durability!
- Some people have reported that their silicone watch strap looks like leather, so this strap is a nice option for you if you want to transition away from wearing leather watch straps without feeling like you’re sacrificing the appearance of leather that you love so much.
This premium quality watch band strap is all about giving you greater comfort when wearing it. You’ll love how it’s built to look good, be strong, and keep your skin healthy, all in one.
Alternative 2: WOCCI Premium Silicone Rubber Straps
These replacement watch bands are made of high-tensile silicone and have a sturdy stainless steel buckle. But they have some nice extra features that will make wearing them even more comfortable.
- These bands are stretchy and soft, so they won’t leave your skin with marks or irritation when you remove them at the end of the day.
- They’re completely waterproof, so they’re perfect for when you want to lead an active lifestyle and take your watch along without worrying that it’ll get damaged.
- They’re compatible with any regular watch or smartwatch that has standard 18mm spring bars.
- One disappointment with this watch strap is that it doesn’t have a textured surface on the back of the band. This flat surface causes moisture to get trapped, which can be a nuisance. It also doesn’t allow air circulation between the band and your skin.
- Some people who’ve purchased this product have identified an error when it comes to the strap length. This has resulted in shorter watch straps than what they thought they were buying, and that’s something to bear in mind when you choose your size.
- This watch strap comes with extras included in the pack: you get four spring bars and a replacement tool, which makes using it and replacing it a breeze.
- Some people who’ve purchased this WOCCI watch strap have reported that it feels soft and supple when worn.
- It also has been made with quality in mind because it fits perfectly between the lugs without leaving any gaps.
It’s very budget-friendly. While you don’t get some important features, such as textured backing, that’s not necessarily a deal-breaker.
It’s clear that the WOCCI watch strap has many benefits and you’ll love how it’s got features that don’t always come standard with other watch straps, such as the included tools.
Alternative 3: Ullchro Silicone Watch Strap
This replacement rubber watch band looks good and is a game-changer when it comes to watch bands because of its unique appearance and style. Here’s what you should know if you’re looking for a new watch strap.
- This silicone watch strap is waterproof.
- It has a matte finish that’s similar in texture to “jelly” watch straps.
- This silicone watch strap looks different from other straps: it’s got a stainless-steel tri-fold clasp on the back that not only looks strong and attractive but also enables you to easily adjust the band whenever you like.
- To increase this watch strap’s longevity, it’s been manufactured to be resistant to saltwater, freshwater, and UV rays. This makes it the perfect outdoor watch strap.
- Some people have reported that their experience with the clasp of this watch strap has been negative because it’s not as strong as it should be. Others have complained that the clasp doesn’t feel secure.
- Other people have reported dissatisfaction with the watch strap’s colors, such as the orange that’s very bright. It would be nice if the brand had more color options as there are only five available: blue, black, red, orange, and brown.
- The strap has a stripe pattern, which sets it apart in appearance from other silicone watch straps you can find on the market.
- The watch strap comes with a spring bar watch tool and a pair of spring bars included in the pack.
- You never know when you’ll need to adjust your watch strap, such as by cutting it. If you’ve ever had to do this, you’ll know it can cause problems and even ruin your straps. But with this one, it’s a breeze. Some people who’ve purchased the product have had to trim its rubber for a better fit and they said it was easy to do.
It’s a great choice if you’re looking for something a little different when it comes to silicone watch straps and intend on using it outdoors.
Silicone Watch Band FAQ
Now that we’ve looked at the best silicone watch bands on the market, let’s answer some common questions related to silicone bands.
Are silicone watch straps comfortable?
Silicone is becoming a popular material in watch strap production because it has many benefits. One of the most important ones is comfort!
How comfortable your watch straps feel is obviously of the utmost importance because whether you wear your watch daily or once in a while, you don’t want to feel like it’s digging into your skin and causing irritation.
Silicone is very comfortable when worn as a watch strap. It doesn’t irritate the skin because it’s both elastic and flexible, while being strong.
When a watch strap is flexible it means it won’t split easily, which adds to your comfort level and makes you feel confident when wearing it, whether you’re at home, the office, or in the great outdoors. But, it obviously depends on the type of silicone watch strap that you purchase.
As can be seen in these rubber watch strap reviews, a common type of silicone that’s used in watch straps is high-tensile silicone. This can be stretched and pulled without suffering damage, making the experience of wearing the silicone band even more comfortable.
Silicone is also softer than other types of watch strap materials, such as resin. This will make you feel that you can use your watch strap everywhere you go and feel good when doing so.
In addition, some quality silicone straps are matte and super-soft, giving the appearance of leather.
An example of this is Alpine Premium Quality Waterproof Silicone Watch Band Strap. This makes the straps much more versatile, as you can wear them with expensive-looking and even vintage watches.
How do you take care of a silicone watch band?
The good news when it comes to looking after your silicone watch band is that it’s really easy to maintain and clean.
You should always give your watch strap a good clean, especially if you’ve exposed it to chemicals such as chlorine in a swimming pool or you’ve perspired a lot while wearing it.
Here are some important tips to follow when cleaning your watch strap as well as maintaining it on a daily basis to keep it in excellent quality.
- When you need to clean your silicone watch strap, make sure you rinse the strap with water and dish soap as this will be gentle enough to clean the silicone without damaging it.
- Gently dry it with a soft cloth.
- Never use anything harsh when cleaning your silicone watch strap, such rubbing alcohol, as this can damage it and dry it out, making it prone to tears and cracks.
- When wearing a fragrance or applying moisturizer to your arms, always make sure you apply these first and allow them to dry properly before you put your silicone watch strap on.
Now, what about cleaning any stains on your silicone watch strap? You can do this safely and effectively with baking soda. Here’s what you should do:
- Take a small amount of baking soda and sprinkle it over the stain.
- With the gentle use of a soft toothbrush you can then scrub the baking soda.
- Be extra gentle on areas that have printed markings as you don’t want to scrub them away.
- Rinse the watch strap well and leave it somewhere to air dry.
How To Clean Silicone Watch Bands That Have Grooves
If your silicone watch strap has grooves in it, you want to make sure that you clean inside all of its grooves to ensure that it’s hygienic. You’ll need a cuticle stick and cotton to achieve this.
After washing your watch strap with dish soap and water, as mentioned earlier, you want to place a bit of cotton around the tip of the cuticle stick.
Then, dip the stick into the mixture of soap and water, before carefully removing any dirt and skin cells from the watch’s grooves with it. Make sure you rinse the watch strap afterwards.
If you don’t want to use dish soap on your silicone strap, there’s another effective way to clean it: abrasive-free jewelry cleaner (you can purchase it from sites such as Amazon).
You’ll just need to put the watch strap into this solution and brush it clean with a soft toothbrush. Then rinse it under cold water. You should let the strap air dry overnight. This will ensure that the watch strap smells like it’s brand new.
Another tip when maintaining your silicone watch strap is to never wear it too tightly. This can irritate your skin while also creating a breeding ground for bacteria.
Make sure you purchase the correct size of watch strap as this will ensure that you don’t put too much pressure on it, as this can cause it to break or be pulled too much that it experiences damage.
What is the difference between leather and silicone band?
You might not be sure if you should choose a leather or silicone watch strap. While both leather and silicone are comfortable to wear and easy to clean, there are some important differences between the two materials that you should know about.
These add a bit of a vintage appeal to watches. They’re available in many textures as well as colors. Leather is a durable material, but there’s an important catch you should know about: leather straps aren’t appropriate for use on sport or waterproof watches because they can easily be damaged when exposed to water.
This means you can’t always take your leather watch strap with you wherever you are and need to be a bit more careful with it.
By comparison, silicone straps give your watch a modern feel. They’re perfect for use outdoors, such as in water, because often these silicone straps have been constructed to be waterproof (just make sure you check with the manufacturer beforehand!).
They are both lightweight and durable, which further makes them suitable for active lifestyles. Silicone watch straps come in a lot of different colors, but they’re not as varied as leather when it comes to their texture.
That said, you can find silicone watch straps that have grooves and lines, as well as other designs, such as stitches, which helps to set them apart from other silicone straps on the market. An example is Alpine Premium Quality Waterproof Silicone Watch Band Strap that has stitches along the strap’s border.
How long do silicone watch bands last?
One of the biggest reasons why silicone bands have become so popular for use as watch straps is because they tend to last a long time.
This makes them much more practical to purchase than other types of materials. But, if you’re interested in purchasing a silicone watch band, you might be wondering how long its lifespan will really be.
Generally, a silicone watch band can last for two or more years, as long as it’s been made with quality silicone, such as high-tensile silicone that we’ve seen in the products we’ve featured in our reviews.
There are also things you can do to increase your silicone watch strap’s longevity. As we mentioned earlier, how you clean your watch strap will ensure that it maintains its level of quality.
Now, while you can’t always prevent regular wear and tear from affecting your silicone wrist watch strap, you can help to prevent it from cracking. This is one of the most common things that can contribute to your silicone watch strap having less longevity than you’d like.
One of the most important things you should do is never let your silicone watch strap be exposed to UV rays for extended periods of times, as this can cause it to dry out, which then results in cracks.
The good thing is that there are many silicone watch straps that have increased UV protection. If you want to use your silicone watch strap outdoors on a regular basis, make sure you invest in one that has this feature.
An example is the Ullchro Silicone Watch Strap that we featured earlier in this guide, as it’s been manufactured to be resistant to environmental factors such as harsh UV rays.
You want a new watch strap, but you’re not sure which one to get. Leather? Metal?
No, the answer is silicone! Silicone watch straps have many benefits: they’re strong yet lightweight, resistant to damage and environmental factors, and come in a variety of fashionable colors to suit your every mood.
In this article, we’ve featured the best rubber watch bands on the market, looking at their pros and cons to help you choose the best one for you. Whether you’re looking for a silicone watch strap that’s UV-resistant or one that’s budget-friendly, you’ll be able to find the right rubber watch strap for your lifestyle.
We’ve also answered some common questions about silicone watch straps that make it clear to see silicone is a fantastic material if you want longevity, durability, and comfort.
Silicone rings are just a replacement for your metal rings, right? Surely the sizes can’t be different? Well, you’d be …