Silicone is soft and supple, but is it durable?
If you want to purchase a silicone ring to pledge your undying love to your partner, you’ll love that it’s just as strong as it is soft.
This makes it tough while also being comfortable to wear, and you’ll especially love that silicone rings tend to cost around 10 percent less than traditional wedding bands!
Can you wear a silicone ring daily?
You can definitely wear your silicone ring all the time, because it’s quite durable. That said, there are some important things you need to know about silicone ring lifespan and its durability.
So, with that in mind, let’s dive deeper into the topic of silicone rings, whether you want them to become part of your daily jewelry or you’re considering purchasing best mens silicone wedding ring or womens’ ring for your big day. Here’s everything you need to know.
- 1 So, How Durable Are Silicone Rings?
- 2 How Long Will Silicone Rings Last?
- 3 General Tips For Increasing The Longevity Of Your Silicone Ring
- 4 Are Silicone Rings More Durable Than Other Rings?
- 5 Will Your Silicone Ring Stretch A Bit Over Time?
- 6 Related Questions
- 7 Conclusion
So, How Durable Are Silicone Rings?
Silicone rings are tough and this is because of the following features they possess.
- They can withstand extreme temperatures. They are flexible as well as resistant to water. This makes them versatile enough to wear when you’re taking part in outdoor adventures – and in times when you’d usually leave your metal ring at home.
- They have better grip. One of the dangers when you wear metal rings is that they can move around a lot, and this can cause them to get damaged. Rings, such as silicone rings QALO, wrap around your finger so that they grip better and stay secure.
- They will break before your finger does. Now, although silicone is very durable and strong, it’s not rigid. This is important because if you find yourself in a situation where you’ve injured your finger, your ring won’t make your injury worse. A silicone band is flexible and will break after sustaining approximately 20 pounds of force, therefore preventing your finger from being harmed if it gets snagged on something.
- They don’t conduct heat or electricity. Silicone rings are work safe rings, they don’t transfer heat or electricity, which makes them much safer. This is especially important if you work as an electrician or fireman, because they can prevent accidents on the job. This also means you won’t need to leave your silicone ring at home out of fear that it could become damaged from exposure to those sources.
How Long Will Silicone Rings Last?
Based on the above, you might wonder how long a silicone ring will really last. The good news is that as long as you care for your silicone ring it can last as long as you!
Here are some important tips to follow when looking after your silicone ring.
- Your silicone ring will need to be cleaned regularly, just like your other jewelry. To do so effectively, make sure you soak it in warm water and a few drops of dish soap. Rub the ring between your fingers to remove dirt.
- Never use any abrasive brushes when cleaning your ring as this will damage it. The best way to clean silicone jewelry is described in our instructions.
What about deep cleaning?
Every few months you should give your silicone ring a good, deep clean. How you can do this is with a 2:1 ratio of vinegar and hydrogen peroxide.
You’ll want to soak your ring for half an hour in this mixture, then gently scrub it with an old, soft toothbrush to remove any bacteria and stains.
General Tips For Increasing The Longevity Of Your Silicone Ring
It’s good to be careful with your ring in the same way that you would be careful with your other rings. Here are some tips focused on important times when you should remove your ring to keep it safe and clean!
- Remove your ring when you sleep. Even though your silicone ring is strong, during sleep you can twist around and damage or snap it.
- Remove your ring if you’re going to be getting your hands very dirty. While it can be cleaned pretty easily, it’s just easier to remove your ring beforehand.
- Remove your ring when you step into the shower. This prevents the accumulation of soap in your ring that will become a breeding ground for bacteria.
Are Silicone Rings More Durable Than Other Rings?
To find out if silicone rings are right for you, let’s compare them to rings made out of different materials, such as platinum, gold, and titanium. We’ll look at various factors that impact the durability of the rings, such as when it comes to how scratch-resistant they are.
Platinum Vs. Silicone
Platinum is respected in the wedding band industry because it doesn’t tarnish or oxidize. But then again, neither does silicone! Platinum is extremely strong, but it will show scratches from regular use. Silicone won’t show any scratches. Which makes it a great option for everyone. female silicone wedding rings like males are at the peak of popularity right now.
Platinum feels denser in your hand than gold, because it’s heavier. Silicone, on the other hand, is very light. You might not even realize you’re wearing it, which is especially beneficial for you if you lead an active lifestyle or regularly use your hands for tiresome activities.
Gold Vs. Silicone
Gold is a popular choice for wedding bands but what you might not realize about gold is that in its purest state it’s not durable at all. It has to be mixed with other metals to make it stronger, such as copper in the case of rose gold or silver in the case of white gold.
This boosts the durability of gold. The downside of this process is that gold is not hypoallergenic, so if you’re allergic to the metals that have been used in its production then that will cut down the gold ring’s lifespan dramatically because you won’t be able to use it.
By comparison, high-quality silicone is durable and hypoallergenic.
Titanium Vs. Silicone
Titanium rings have become popular for men’s wedding bands because they’re very light. Since rings made out of titanium don’t contain any alloy, this also makes them hypoallergenic.
Titanium is strong but it can experience scratches that can make the ring’s appearance dull. It needs to be polished, whereas you’ll never have to polish your silicone ring. This makes it much easier to maintain your silicone ring as compared to a titanium ring.
Stainless Steel Vs. Silicone
Exceptionally resistant to scratches, steel is a good choice for wedding bands. That said, what some people might not know is that stainless steel can get rusty after being exposed to moist conditions regularly.
This includes if you regularly sweat a lot on your hands or you live in a region that’s prone to lots of humidity. It should go without saying that silicone rings won’t become rusty, which makes them last longer and much more convenient to wear on a daily basis.
It’s clear to see that there are issues with metals that are popular in wedding band designs. Sometimes silicone rings completely avoid them, such as when it comes to rust or allergies.
Will Your Silicone Ring Stretch A Bit Over Time?
Another important factor when it comes to your silicone ring’s durability is that it will stretch a little over time. This is good because it means that as you age and your finger increases in size a little (Do you know how to define a rubber ring sizer?), your ring will expand to accommodate your finger for the best fit.
But it’s not just age-related changes to your hands that you need to consider when purchasing a ring. Your finger changes when it’s hot outside by expanding a bit, and then when it’s cold outside your finger contracts.
This can be noticeable when you wear metal rings – you might find that your ring is jiggling around a bit more during the cold months. Silicone rings help to bypass this problem by being flexible and stretchable so that you always get a comfortable fit, even when you’re taking part in strenuous activity.
What is silica?
It’s easy to confuse silicone with silica, but they’re different. Silica is the 14th element on the periodic table. Silicone, on the other hand, is made from natural materials such as silicon, carbon, and hydrogen.
Are silicone rings hypoallergenic?
Silicone rings are hypoallergenic. It’s extremely rare, although possible, for someone to have a silicone ring skin irritation.
If you want to purchase silicone rings for you and your partner, you’ll be pleased to know that they’re really worth it.
After reading this article, you now know that there are many benefits to purchasing silicone rings and wedding bands, from how they’re strong yet comfortable and how you can wear them wherever you go without having to worry that they’ll get damaged during an intense workout or outdoors adventure.
If it happens that your silicone ring does break, the bonus is that it won’t cost you a lot of money to purchase a new one. Best of all, many silicone rings you purchase will come with a warranty so that you can replace them without a hassle.